Welcome to the Basic Fantasy RPG Forums!

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
jw76

Re: Welcome to the Basic Fantasy RPG Forums!

Post by jw76 »

8sidedDave wrote:Question, I'm deaf and can't do the voice group play. My only recourse is PbP and I would like to join a game. Where can I find a new/join a new game as an interested player on this forum (I'm not interested in being a DM at this point)? I'm also willing to jump into an existing game if a DM has need of another character.
I see that there are some options mentioned, and I see that roll20 was mentioned, but I would suggest that you talk to Metroknight (member of this site). He is one of the GM's of a group on roll20 called "Knights of the Written Word." This group is over 300 players strong and only run and play games through the use of text (no voice or video for running games). Not sure if this suits you, but thought I would mention it. Hope it helps and happy gaming.
Delver

Post by Delver »

Longman wrote: At the moment the only BF game in that thread that is not on Roll20 is called Remnants of the Forge, on RPOL.net, run by poster here called 'Delver.' I am in that game, and it's good. You could apply to join. It has various NPCs going spare at the moment - a human wizard and a gnome thief, to be precise. Or you could make your own, probably.
Absolutely, we'd love to have you in the game!

I really don't think you can go wrong with any of the games mentioned. The crew on Roll20 is awesome, and the PbP games here are fantastic too! Good players and good GMs. I've grown accustomed to RPOL.net, but it's not for everyone, just as Roll20 or this site's boards are not for everyone. I'd suggest you check them all out. If one seems like it might be fun, I'm sure most GMs would love to add another consistent player.

And welcome to Basic Fantasy RPG!
"...It's up to the players to make cool characters and a cool story, and work with you rather than against you to do that. If they can't or won't do that, they are not doing their job as players." - Longman
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

jw76 wrote:
8sidedDave wrote:Question, I'm deaf and can't do the voice group play. My only recourse is PbP and I would like to join a game. Where can I find a new/join a new game as an interested player on this forum (I'm not interested in being a DM at this point)? I'm also willing to jump into an existing game if a DM has need of another character.
I see that there are some options mentioned, and I see that roll20 was mentioned, but I would suggest that you talk to Metroknight (member of this site). He is one of the GM's of a group on roll20 called "Knights of the Written Word." This group is over 300 players strong and only run and play games through the use of text (no voice or video for running games). Not sure if this suits you, but thought I would mention it. Hope it helps and happy gaming.
As JW76 mentioned, I'm a co-GM aka a forum helper for the Knights of the Written Word group. That group is purely focused on help text chat gamers find each other and get games going. If you have a roll20 account (free) you can drop me a line here and I can toss you a join link (that goes for anyone who is interested) for the group,
excior

Post by excior »

Hello,

I am new to the boards I have a copy of Basic fantasy and like what I have read you guys have done top notch job, I wonder if i could write up an adventure or something for this game, if so where do I post it? looking forward to looking thought the fourms.
Longman

Post by Longman »

Hi.

Post your rough work in the Workshop Forum, to begin with. You'll get some feedback, hopefully. There's lots of stuff there already.

For examples of formatted modules that have 'made the grade', try the downloads page. You can copy the format for your own work.

PS - I had nothing to do with writing the game. I'm just the guy that's here right now.
excior

Post by excior »

Hello all New to this forum but not new to the game. I have a question what's the difference between BFRPG 1st edition ,2nd edition and 3rd edition and do the covers change between editions?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

1st edition had black-and-white cover art; it's still available as a collector's edition on Lulu.com. 2nd and 3rd edition both have Erik Wilson's color cover art; the 3rd edition has a corner stripe identifying it.

All editions are compatible. Changes between 1st and 2nd are pretty minor (no changes to classes or races, basically just a few edits, though the wrestling rules were rewritten). Between 2nd and 3rd a few things were added: magic-user/thief combos (originally in the Gnome supplement), a few more monsters, a couple of new magic items. Again, there were some text edits, but nothing significant.

I'm still using the 2nd edition in my regular game, mainly because my players all have copies. There are no significant rules differences between them.

In short words: The differences are very minor and do not really matter.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
excior

Post by excior »

thanks
Sir Daggerford

Post by Sir Daggerford »

Hello all. :)

I joined the forums a while back, but I've never really said hello. So I thought I'd do so.

I found BFRPG about three years ago, and I've been a fan of it ever since. I think it's a really great system. Keep up the awesomeness!
Last edited by Sir Daggerford on Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Hide behind the mound of dead Bards!" -Flynn the Fine, Gamers: Dorkness Rising

An ex-parrot pining for the fjords, of course!
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

This is a "I'm back, sorry I poofed, life crushed me for the last half year and I apologize to the folks who were in my game" post.

As stated, life blew up but it's finally calming down enough to permit my actually doing things again. I'm sorry about the game, but I am going to be taking it real nice and slow for now. Hope I can get back on the bandwagon and such here again.