Welcome to the Basic Fantasy RPG Forums!

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Welcome to the Basic Fantasy RPG Forums!

Post by Solomoriah »

Never heard of jet.com, so, no plans as yet.

There would have to be a compelling reason for me to support one more POD vendor.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

... ah, so. Looked into it.

Jet.com doesn't make anything... they're not print-on-demand. They're just a discount merchandise vendor focused on people who buy a lot of stuff.

So, Quozi, in answer to your question... no, sorry. I don't handle the books myself, I sell them through print-on-demand vendors (companies that make the books AFTER they are ordered, rather than before as traditional book publishers do). Lulu.com and CreateSpace.com are my chosen vendors, and since CreateSpace.com is an Amazon company, they have immediate access.

Jet.com's business model isn't really compatible with print-on-demand vendors, so I see little chance that Lulu.com will work with them. Of course, the Amazon-to-CreateSpace connection pretty much ensures competing vendors won't sell their books.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
King think

Post by King think »

i have some questions ?
{1} is this forum based on any game like many others & it is allowed to talk about any rpg games .
{2} i have rpg style story i want to share that story is this come under general discussion? {i am not good writer just trying to write }
pen is more dangerous than sword Lion is dangerous but wounded Lion is too dangerous Every good king have Lion &Fox qualities
Dustinian

Post by Dustinian »

King think wrote:is this forum based on any game like many others & it is allowed to talk about any rpg games
Hi, King think. This forum is, by and large, for discussion of a specific game: The Basic Fantasy Role-Playing Game. It's a set of old-school rules created under the OGL by Chris "Solomoriah" Gonnerman. You can download a copy here
King think wrote:i have rpg style story i want to share that story is this come under general discussion?
This is a very collaborative community, so if by "story" you mean an adventure module you've written for OSR games in general and BFRPG specifically, then yes, this is the place. If you have questions about OSR or role-playing and how BFRPG fits into that, this is the place. But if you mean you've written a piece of short fiction or you have a general anecdote about gaming you want to share, you may want to try the /r/rpg subreddit here. That's a very active "general" place to talk about any and all RPGs!
King think wrote:i am not good writer just trying to write
No problem, thanks for reaching out. I hope I helped, and I hope you give BFRPG a shot at your table, if you haven't already.
Dustinian
teaman

Post by teaman »

And let me just add that most folks around here are VERY friendly. It's a fairly supportive community.

(Obviously nothing is 100%, but this is one of the better boards and games I've been involved in.)
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

teaman wrote:And let me just add that most folks around here are VERY friendly. It's a fairly supportive community.

(Obviously nothing is 100%, but this is one of the better boards and games I've been involved in.)
Agreed!
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
8sidedDave

Post by 8sidedDave »

Hullo everyone, old skool player yet new to BFRPG. I have been looking around for a basic D&D style system. I've come back into role-playing after a 20+ year hiatus and while I was heartened by D&D's comeback with 5e (I bought the main books) I found 5e just a bit too much system wise. So I've travelled the web, on bright lit streets and seedy alleys where I touched upon C&C, S&W, LL and DCC. I read of BFRPG yet it was more of word of mouth than any real marketing out to get my interest, so I didn't look into it. Now I have and it seems an excellent fit for me.

Question, I'm deaf and can't do the voice group play. My only recourse is PbP and I would like to join a game. Where can I find a new/join a new game as an interested player on this forum (I'm not interested in being a DM at this point)? I'm also willing to jump into an existing game if a DM has need of another character.

Hope to hear from you all and I look forward in interacting with the community here.

Dave aka 8sidedDave
Longman

Post by Longman »

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forums. Nice screen name.

You can join my game, Monkey Isle, which has just started. I have 5 players already but I don't mind there being 6. Check it out to see if you are interested.

You could also check this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1125

At the moment the only BF game in that thread that is not on Roll20 is called Remnants of the Forge, on RPOL.net, run by poster here called 'Delver.' I am in that game, and it's good. You could apply to join. It has various NPCs going spare at the moment - a human wizard and a gnome thief, to be precise. Or you could make your own, probably.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Welcome to the forum!
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Welcome Dave!
I hope you find a game soon.
I do PbP over at Unseen Servant. I don't think any BFRPG games are open at this time though.
Good luck!
--Ron--
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.