Rolling for Morale Question

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Nordith_Pinewood

Rolling for Morale Question

Post by Nordith_Pinewood »

As a GM, am I supposed to roll for morale on the monsters after each combat round to see if the monsters stay and fight?
Dimirag

Re: Rolling for Morale Question

Post by Dimirag »

BFRPG Corebook wrote: Morale
In general, Morale is checked when monster(s) first encounter opposition, and again when the monster party is reduced to half strength (by number if more than one monster, or by hit points if the monster is alone
So, the GM check Morale at the star of the encounter, and then when the monster party (or the monster HP if fighting alone) drops to or below 50%.

Check Morale when:
Fighting Alone------------------------Fighting with a group
Start of encounter--------------------Start of encounter
Reduced to half Hit points----------Reduced to half group
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Rolling for Morale Question

Post by Solomoriah »

Check morale at the start of the encounter, except if the adventure states the monsters will (or won't) attack on sight. In other words, do what the adventure says.

Check again whenever the situation is going against the monsters. Half hit points or half their numbers dead are good rules of thumb, but feel free to roll any time it seems appropriate. For example, if the adventurers receive reinforcements, you should probably roll.

OR... decide for yourself what the monsters will do, and forget about rolling. It's not mandatory or anything. Roll when you want, never feel that you must.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org