Basic Fantasy Game Masters in Colorado Springs

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
SmootRK

Re: Basic Fantasy Game Masters in Colorado Springs

Post by SmootRK »

Just so everyone knows, I just wrote to Mr. Flesher to tell him that I am on board with hosting a table at the event. I am looking forward to this, even as I learn how to run such pick-up games at CONS (no real experience in such games, usually just family/friends)... but it is right here in my own community, so I felt like I should be a part of it.

So, table of 6 participants with a plan to run one of the Castle by the Sea scenarios. Probably use a string of 3rd level characters so that the players have a little endurance to work with and more than single one-off spell for the spell casters.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
mattjackson

Post by mattjackson »

If you do this, let me know, I would be willing to donate some funds towards the purchase of books to be given to the kids. I could Paypal some funds to whomever is coordinating the purchase.
matt jackson
http://www.msjx.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Mr. Smoot has some copies of the Core Rules courtesy of the personal promotional fund I maintain using the proceeds from Basic Fantasy and Iron Falcon. Chi had indicated that he would donate some additional materials but I don't know where he's at on that.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Indeed. As far as books for the participants and the organizer, and a couple to spare for a couple of lucky folks. I am going to swing by the local gamer stores in the area (lucky we have multiples of such games stores in Colorado Springs), to look for deals for cheap dice sets that I can have on hand.
shadowmane

Post by shadowmane »

Chris, you should have a t-shirt designed so Kevin can wear one. ;)
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

shadowmane wrote:Chris, you should have a t-shirt designed so Kevin can wear one. ;)
There are t-shirts thru CafePress, but I have not taken the plunge to purchase any. Good idea though, I will look into grabbing one.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The color cover on black T is pretty nice, and has worn pretty well, but mine is getting rather old. I'm planning to get a long sleeved one to wear to conventions this year... just haven't gotten it done yet.

I guess I need to come up with a shirt that says "The Old School Is Now In Session!" I only have approvals from three artists to use their art (as the shirts are for-profit, I need separate permission) so I do kind of have to pick and choose. For a plain shirt, it might be best to go with the original scribbled dragon.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Hey, if you go out on CafePress and look at my shirts, and you'd like me to change one for you (swap out the art on a particular style for instance), just let me know here and I'll do it. My stores are all "basic" so I can only have one version of each style; if I went "premium" I'd have to pay THEM for the privilege of having a store.
mattjackson

Post by mattjackson »

Oh my, the Owlbear shirt is awesome! And some Linux shirts!
matt jackson
http://www.msjx.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Solomoriah wrote:I guess I need to come up with a shirt that says "The Old School Is Now In Session!"
Yes please :D