Hard Copy Rules (out of date?)

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Guyon

Hard Copy Rules (out of date?)

Post by Guyon »

I wanted to buy the set of Rules, The Basic Fantasy Field Guide, maybe a module or two from Amazon.com, but the rules seem out of date: Nov 21 2014. (Fantasy Field Guide too)

Can you guys get a new set of rules up?
It looks like the Lulu are more update (not sure if they are 100% current), But I Have Amazon Prime and prefer to get the free shipping.

Either way can you confirm if either Amazon or Lulu are 100% up to date?

Thanks
Last edited by Guyon on Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mTeasdale

Re: Hard Copy Rules (out of date?)

Post by mTeasdale »

I can't answer your question, but I would suggest the BF1 and JD1 modules, those are great for starting a campaign !

Welcome to the forums by the way !
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I'll let Solo confirm or correct me, but I believe on Amazon the date doesn't change even if he updates the file on Createspace/Amazon. On Lulu however the date does change.
Guyon

Post by Guyon »

TY mTeasdale!

Thanks chiisu8,
Soon as I get a confirmation I will buy
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

The preview images on Amazon shows that is r100 which is the latest release... but I would wait for Solo to confirm
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Dizzy

Post by Dizzy »

I bought a new copy of BFRPG off Amazon in early September I think, and I received R98. Not sure when R100 came out.
Guyon

Post by Guyon »

Dizzy wrote:I bought a new copy of BFRPG off Amazon in early September I think, and I received R98. Not sure when R100 came out.

The news feed says:
Core Rules 3rd Edition (Release 100) -- July 15, 2015: Flow errors in R99 resulted in this new release; If it passes flow checks, it will become the new print edition. Nothing significant changed in this release. Download

So you should have got the new version Dizzy. Best for me to wait till I see conformation of Amazon's actual version.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Looks like I better check on the releases...

R98 had a very minor issue with one monster that had been overlooked for a long time; I forget which one, but the Core Rules thread should say.

I'm closing in on another "surge" and will try to get that into the update plans.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Okay, I just checked. The current versions on CreateSpace and Lulu are R100, and have been for a while. Amazon preorders CreateSpace copies, so they likely had some of the R98 copies for a while, but I'd expect they are all gone by now.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Dizzy

Post by Dizzy »

Solomoriah wrote:Okay, I just checked. The current versions on CreateSpace and Lulu are R100, and have been for a while. Amazon preorders CreateSpace copies, so they likely had some of the R98 copies for a while, but I'd expect they are all gone by now.
'
*raises my fists in rage*
:lol:
I figured it was something like that! I honestly didn't even realize mine wasn't R100 until I looked it up for this thread. Doesn't bother me at all. Just means if I decide to buy copies for the rest of my group, maybe I'll send one of them my R98 and grab a R100 for myself, or you know, whatever. I still have my 2nd edition copy here too.