Easy Spell Question

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Post Reply
Guyon
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:52 pm

Easy Spell Question

Post Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:51 pm

I have played a lot of games including all the D&D since the original paper back set as well as other systems and frankly get them mixed up sometimes. Though have abandoned D&D since e4.
I just started to skim BFRPG rules and have a few easy question about wizard spells.

Say we have a L2 magic user that knows Magic Missie and Sleep. I know they can only cast 2 spells a day so:

If in the morning they learn Magic Missile and Sleep can they cast two Magic Missiles for the day? Or are they stuck to only one Magic Missile and one Sleep? If so can he learn two Magic Missiles?

Also am I correct in thinking that:
1- My L2 Cleric can pick from any two level 1 spells each day. Selecting different ones each day.
2-The Magic user has to pick his two spells from his book and only get more after leveling.
3-If the magic uses finds an others spell book can he then have 3 spells to pick from (after paying the 500 gold to have it copied in) even though he is only Level 2?

Finally is the magic user's Read Magic able to be cast at will, and not count for the two spells a day?

thanks
User avatar
Dimirag
Posts: 2604
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:24 pm
Location: Buenos Aires (C.A.B.A.), Argentina
Contact:

Re: Easy Spell Question

Post Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:34 pm

Guyon wrote:Say we have a L2 magic user that knows Magic Missie and Sleep. I know they can only cast 2 spells a day so:

If in the morning they learn Magic Missile and Sleep can they cast two Magic Missiles for the day? Or are they stuck to only one Magic Missile and one Sleep? If so can he learn two Magic Missiles?
A MU is able to cast what he has Prepared in the morning, at L2 he can prepare 2 L1 spells that he has on his book, if he has magic missile and sleep he can prepare 2 of one of those or one of each.
Guyon wrote:Also am I correct in thinking that:
1- My L2 Cleric can pick from any two level 1 spells each day. Selecting different ones each day.
2-The Magic user has to pick his two spells from his book and only get more after leveling.
3-If the magic uses finds an others spell book can he then have 3 spells to pick from (after paying the 500 gold to have it copied in) even though he is only Level 2?
1-A L2 cleric has only 1 L1 spell, but he can cast any spell from his L1 list.
2-A MU has to pick his spells from his book, when leveling he gains more spell per day but does not learn more spells, they must learn spells via other spellbook or another MU.
3-He can learn (put in his book) any spell that the new book contains as long its Levels aren't above the level of the spells casteable by him. Ex: If the book has 3 L1, 3 L2, 2 L4 and 1 L5 spells the L2 MU could only learn the 3 L1 spells and would have to wait until he is able to cast higher level spells to learn the other spells, and he would have to pay the value of each spell he wants to learn.
Guyon wrote:Finally is the magic user's Read Magic able to be cast at will, and not count for the two spells a day?
Read magic is a common spell, its just their free spell, at L1 they get read magic +1 other spell, other spells must be learned (which not necessarily happens at every level up).
Last edited by Dimirag on Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Guyon
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:52 pm

Re: Easy Spell Question

Post Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:57 pm

Thanks Dimirag!

Have a great day!
User avatar
Dimirag
Posts: 2604
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:24 pm
Location: Buenos Aires (C.A.B.A.), Argentina
Contact:

Re: Easy Spell Question

Post Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:12 pm

Just edited some minor errors and gave a response that I forgot to do before.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests