Running at a small convention

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Mickomann

Running at a small convention

Post by Mickomann »

So yesterday I ran my first two games of BFRPG at home - and really really really really enjoyed it (started in Morgansfort), as did the players. What really struck one of the players was how much simpler and quicker the system was after coming from Pathfinder. This has given me the inspiration to cram the rules into my head as quickly as possible, as there is a small convention in November this year which I would really love to run a couple of games at to share this simple, yet effective system.

What I was wondering was whether or not there is a 'recruitment' or 'for further information' slip which I could have on hand for players who may be interested after the game. I have quickly thrown something together in my excitement. On this topic, I was also wondering what rules there were on using the art/ header on the main Basic Fantasy webpage on the slip?
You are in a tavern, and the tavern is without beer. What is your action?
Hywaywolf

Re: Running at a small convention

Post by Hywaywolf »

That sounds like a great addition to the downloads page under forms. Post up what you have in a workshop thread and let some people have a go at it.

Also, I don't know what Chris will say about the art since Art is one of the very few things around here that have rules for use. With that said, Chris does have these options for websites so I don't see why something like them can't be used on a informational flyer .. http://www.basicfantasy.org/banners.html
Mickomann

Post by Mickomann »

Thanks Hywaywolf! I'll post it up under the Workshop with the banner. If the banner isn't ok, then i'll take it off there..
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I've attached our "standard" flier, which was recently updated; I'm not sure where the thread for it has gone. I suppose it should be on the Downloads page...
Attachments
BFRPG-Flier-r3.pdf
(368.52 KiB) Downloaded 406 times
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Thats a good flyer, but do you have one for the "tl;dr" crowd? :)
Mickomann

Post by Mickomann »

Hywaywolf, would a statement on a piece of paper such as "go to basicfantasy.org, download the rules, get friends and play" suffice lol?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

My comment was referring to the flyer that Solomoriah posted. I like the size of your hand out you posted in the workshop. Both are good for handing out to players that just played in your game who are now actively looking for information about the game they just played. What I was talking about was something to handout to casual passersbys to grab their attention. I know when I go to conventions I could pick up enough promotional material to wallpaper a room. The things that attract my attention don't have a wall of material on the page.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

You know what else would be nice hand-outs but has a little bit more cost?

Data CD/DVD of the collected BFRPG Downloads! Even better if we do a cool CD cover/label for the disk. Even Better Better if we can get a small booklet stapled that contains the contents of "Beginners Essentials" in a format that fits a CD Case.

I have not seen anyone else (meaning other games) put out anything like that before. And looks fairly easy to construct from the component parts (once each is setup that is).
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Handing some "Beginner Essentials" could be a cool thing. Another "costly" idea is to buy some copies of the Corerules and raffle them among the people that played the game (or among the ones that after playing wanted to participate in the raffle)
Last edited by Dimirag on Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Mickomann

Post by Mickomann »

Ahh gotcha Hywaywolf. I have made up a second 'general' sort of form. The only difference with it is the text which can be copied over the .odt of the other form - still the same size/ length as the other one. I'll post the text only on this thread when I get home from work :)

I like the cd/ dvd idea, but I agree the cost idea isn't too pleasant.

Maybe I could also print off a stack of Beginner's Essentials as 2 pages to one so its like a booklet, and a short adventure from the website? I have a laser printer and 10000000 reams of paper, so printing isn't an issue :) The cause shall have its way!!