Some Conversion Questions

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
JenniferRPG

Re: Some Conversion Questions

Post by JenniferRPG »

Is dndclassics.com a legitimate site? It's the only place I can find TOEE affordably--a "watermarked" pdf (whatever that watermark may be.. it might annoy me but they don't show me the watermark in the preview). Or I can buy it for like $50 off ebay then resell after I'm done with it.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Most probably the watermark will be your name plus some number at the bottom of each page, just to keep you from passing the pdf to others.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
seandon4

Post by seandon4 »

Yep, I've gotten a handful of PDFs from dndclassics. They're generally pretty good scans.
teaman

Post by teaman »

DnD classics is a legitimate site, and a good way to get the old modules cheap. I haven't purchased from them to give you a good idea about the watermark. Sorry I'm not help on that front. I do sell stuff through drivethrurpg, so I don't think the watermark will be that annoying to you.

It can't be, or folks wouldn't keep buying from them.
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
Togo Galthus

Post by Togo Galthus »

The watermark is your name and order number in light gray at the bottom of each page, very small, you hardly notice. I've bought and used about half a dozen modules from dndclassics.com; considering the price I would recommend their product. Besides having the PDFs downloaded to your computer (or where ever), you get a "library" at their site with your purchases, which I think is pretty neat.
Dreamakuma

Post by Dreamakuma »

The first monsters I Converted were both forms of Acerack from tomb of horrors. I used the Lich in the BFRPG field guide as a basis, then added some flavor to make it my own. With Acerack's demilich form, I used the module and the Main rules and just brainstormed him up.

That was a great start to my learning experience on converting. The third and most recent conversion was of Dragotha. I found some AD&D stats from him in dragon #134, I used that with a bit from the death dragon in the field guide, and ramped it up to 11. Pretty much making him an end campaign level boss monster. Since I'm running in Greyhawk, and Dragotha is one of my favorite characters in the lore, I had to include him. That issue of dragon magazine helped a ton on making the conversion. The sad part was I made it look good, like a solid conversion that I was so proud of, yet I can't share it out due to the names. I've thought about changing the names around and sharing it. 5 hours or so of work went into an end boss that the party may never see. lol.

Most, If not all monsters I wish to make are in 1e or B/X. If it's in 3.5/4e/pathfinder/other systems I'll just find a way to make the BFRPG rules fit the flavor of the monster.
Never stop dreaming, the imagination is the greatest gift we have.