Anthorpomorphic characters.

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Nightwulf

Anthorpomorphic characters.

Post by Nightwulf »

What are your thoughts on this? I would love to see an Anthro supplement made for BFRPG. I know that one was worked on in the past but, I don't think it was ever finished. I would make a supplement but, I don't know how. I would be willing to learn though.
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale
Metroknight

Re: Anthorpomorphic characters.

Post by Metroknight »

There is a new races supplement that has the Bisren, Caneins, Faun (you can reskin to a full goat humanoid), and Kappa (they are called something else elsewhere).

The old monsters as new races supplement also has rules for converting monsters such as centaurs and other critters to pc races.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Metroknight wrote:There is a new races supplement that has the Bisren, Caneins, Faun (you can reskin to a full goat humanoid), and Kappa (they are called something else elsewhere).

The old monsters as new races supplement also has rules for converting monsters such as centaurs and other critters to pc races.
Kappa got renamed to Chelonian in later releases of the New Races document (and in the Field Guide). And yes, even the Fauns could be reskinned as Metro mentions. In the Field Guide they appear with the notation for their Ibex cousins which are identical except for their languages and their disposition.

While I wouldn't really go for a setting where it is ALL anthropomorphic animal races, I am not against inclusion of such on case by case basis... after all I wrote those New Races for BFRPG, and even did much of the re-writing for the Monsters as Characters supplement. I love variety with races (and classes too).

That said, I think a Redwall inspired sort of setting could be fun.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

The supplement you talk about was about intelligent animals and not anthropomorphic ones IIRC.

I think that using the existing supplements mentioned above is one way to go, but IMO anthropomorphic animals shares more animal qualities than demihumans races so I do not know if every race from those supplements would fit without any tinkering.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

Cathar!
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Definitely something I'm into as an alternative to the standard fantasy races. Actually, the Ironclaw RPG has one of my favorite fantasy settings, and it's all-anthro species.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

John Stater's various Bloody Basic games have some variety as well.
Kheten

Post by Kheten »

This is something that I've been tinkering on-and-off with since about May or so. As it is a personal project of trying to convert one of my old settings to BF, I didn't think to about making it into a supplement (the races part, not the setting).

At the moment I'm on my third attempt. First two attempts tried with individual races (wolf, tiger, horse, etc) and broad racial types (canine, feline, equine, etc). Both ended up with an ever-increasing list of races or sub-races. My current idea uses a point-buy, pick-and-choose system to handle character race. I find this method easier as I only need to manage a small list of racial traits instead of a giant list of individual races, plus it makes it easier to create half-race characters.