Supplements Anthology?

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
dymondy2k

Supplements Anthology?

Post by dymondy2k »

I was wondering if there was a need for this? Similar to our Adventure Anthology but maybe take the best of or most popular supplements and make a printed book from them? I'm just thinking out loud here.. don't really have a dog in this fight but thought it might be useful to have a printed version of some of these..
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
bjmorga

Re: Supplements Anthology?

Post by bjmorga »

I'd be down for one, especially the extra classes.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Early on that was how the supplements were started, but it was too unwieldy and not everyone wanted the same stuff grouped together, not to mention that we have multiple supplements for some of the same things, ie Rangers, Barbarians, etc.. But who knows, now that we have so many items in print Chris may return to the idea of One Supplement To Rule Them All.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I don't think these will ever see print. If you want one in print, take the ODFs you like, put them together and make a private project on Lulu.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

In order to maintain all the supplement as much free as possible this kind of print should be avoided as to not put one supplement "above" any other, that's the same reason why most supplement won't ever reach the Download page.

As Chii said, nothing prevents an author (or a team of them) to create a specific set of Supplement and upload it to be printed on demand on one of the several pages used for the BF books.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Well not to offend anyone we can always do like we did with the Adventure Anthology and take a FIFO approach. I can understand why Chii doesn't like the idea.. He would have to edit all of them LOL

But I guess putting them together in a single ODT/PDF would work..
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

I would like to have a supplement book, but in the same time, it will be very hard to decide what would be included and what wouldn't...
Hernes Son

Post by Hernes Son »

I've actually been working on just this for my own game. I've got a bunch of the supplements stitched together into on 70-pp ODT file. Hoping to give it a quick polish, and then printing it out for my campaign binder.
The Hooded Man will come to the forest, there to meet with Herne the Hunter, to be his son and do his bidding.
Mr Dark

Post by Mr Dark »

While the idea seems good on paper, I would rather build my own game of the existing supplements. Once you get an anthology out it will give the false impression that this is an official expansion and somehow needed.
Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!!
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Mr Dark wrote:While the idea seems good on paper, I would rather build my own game of the existing supplements. Once you get an anthology out it will give the false impression that this is an official expansion and somehow needed.
This