Fantastic RPG!

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Urieal

Fantastic RPG!

Post by Urieal »

I've been out of PnP RPGs for years but have recently re-acquired an interest in them.

I tried my hand at D&D 3.5, hoping for some similarity with some of the PC based 3E games I have played (NWN, ToEE, etc...) but there were simply too many rules and things to keep up with.

Then I tried D&D 4E. Ummm...WTF! Can't say much more than that.

I recently found BF and I did a quick read-through of the materials. I love it. It has the simplicity of D&D Basic with a few extra rules packed in that really needed to be there. Like a very simple amalgam of D&D Basic, Expert, and 3.5. I love it!

Another post in these forums is an effort to combine the Dungeoneer's Almanack and the Core Rules into a whole. I think it's a great idea, considering SEVERAL of the options (like Rangers for example) from the Almanack really fit well into the system.

I want to contribute to the project by providing original art pieces for future products, primarily the Core Rule Books and possibly any Monster Manuals that come out.

I also wouldn't mind contributing to things like Monster Manuals and such.

In summary, I would like to help with this fantastic effort to bring simplicity back to PnP Roleplaying!

R,
Jeff
SmootRK

Re: Fantastic RPG!

Post by SmootRK »

Welcome... sounds as if you have had some similar experiences while getting back into rpgs. Always nice to have another on board... especially when one might do some developing as well!!

Cheers!
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I'm specifically NOT interested in combining the Almanack and the Core Rules, for reasons I've explained before; however, I'm looking forward to getting a new version of the Basic Fantasy Field Guide done. You might look through the current version and see if anything inspires you.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
billiambabble

Post by billiambabble »

Urieal wrote: Then I tried D&D 4E. Ummm...WTF! Can't say much more than that.
Totally agree. I guess my my head is so pen n paper "old school" that I felt positively alienated by D&D 4E - it was a breath of fresh air to discover BFRPG and to find it has a following by both young and old. :)