New to the forum

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
HalfOgre

New to the forum

Post by HalfOgre »

Hello all, just recently started gaming again after a long hiatus and stumbled onto this site and have to say love the "old school" feel and the simplicity of the rules. Very reminiscent of basic D&D which I played back in the 80's. I have perused the downloads section and discussion forums and find you guys very helpful. I am introducing my my 16 year old daughter and 11year old son to the game after they expressed some interest in it. They have generated characters already and are ready to go. I love the separation of race and class for the demi-humans, always thought it unfair to max out halflings at 8th level. Any way, look forward to running some of BF adventures. Guess i'll dust off the old GM hat and get to work.
rredmond

Re: New to the forum

Post by rredmond »

Cool! Welcome HalfOgre!
I game with my 7yo, 10yo and 12yo daughters, it's great fun! My youngest daughter, 4yo, is in training. :)
Welcome and well met!
--Ron--
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Welcome!
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
shadowmane

Post by shadowmane »

Welcome aboard. This is a great community to get involved in. Jump in with both feet.

I'm running a game this morning with my three boys (12, 10, 8) and two friends of the family (boy 13, and girl 11). Sometimes its hard to keep up with young imaginations.
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

You guys have it good compared to running a game for 3 14/15 year olds when your around that age too.