PCMatic Beta Testing

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

PCMatic Beta Testing

Post by Solomoriah »

I've just added my PCMatic character sheet sharing service to the Tools page (on the navigation bar above). PCMatic aims to be the best possible character sheet sharing service on the web; you can share your sheets in read-only or read/write mode with other users, and if other users can make changes, those changes will update on your screen in about a second or so with good Internet speed. Create pregens for your game, and share them with your players; create a character for yourself and share it with your GM; give the leader of your player group read-only access to help with tactical planning.

This is a BETA TEST. PCMatic has never been subjected to the tortures of real users, so it will probably roll itself up into a ball and cry if you poke it too hard. But it's time to leave the nest. Post your experiences, problems, likes and dislikes here for me to ignore... I mean, give careful consideration to... and someday PCMatic may grow up to be famous.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
-1warrior

Re: PCMatic Beta Testing

Post by -1warrior »

The time has come for new PCs to be created...

This is awesome!
Magic Items... Sold Dirt Cheap!

My job is to archive all of Hyway's awesome parodies. ;)
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

So, since it is so awesome... Could someone please explain to me how it is used?

Edit: never mind, I got it.

-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

Now the big question... Is it compatible with roll20?

Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Looks good.

Since you've got sections for both the Cleric and the Thief, would it be possible to add a section for Spells for the Magic-User?

For some reason every time I close the window and then navigate back to it I lose 3 of my 5 Saving Throws. Only the Magic Wands and Dragon Breath seem to save. The other three are blank when I come back to it.

Also, having the Race, Sex, Class, Level, and XP fields below their respective titles while everything else is side-by-side kind of throws off the flow of the sheet and makes it harder to read.

Is it possible to save the size of the adjustable text boxes if we adjust them? It's nice that they accommodate extra text and scroll but if I adjust them to show everything without having to scroll, when I go back they resize back to the default size.

How do you give someone read-only access? I see where to share the sheet but I can't see anything that says read-only or write access.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

I have made similar observations.

Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Blazeguard wrote:Looks good.

Since you've got sections for both the Cleric and the Thief, would it be possible to add a section for Spells for the Magic-User?
I probably should do that.
Blazeguard wrote:For some reason every time I close the window and then navigate back to it I lose 3 of my 5 Saving Throws. Only the Magic Wands and Dragon Breath seem to save. The other three are blank when I come back to it.
It's a bug. I'll try to get it fixed soon.
Blazeguard wrote:Also, having the Race, Sex, Class, Level, and XP fields below their respective titles while everything else is side-by-side kind of throws off the flow of the sheet and makes it harder to read.
Huh. I liked it that way...
Blazeguard wrote:Is it possible to save the size of the adjustable text boxes if we adjust them? It's nice that they accommodate extra text and scroll but if I adjust them to show everything without having to scroll, when I go back they resize back to the default size.
I've been thinking about that.
Blazeguard wrote:How do you give someone read-only access? I see where to share the sheet but I can't see anything that says read-only or write access.
That's what the checkbox is for next to the name. Guess I need a title.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Um... the checkbox actually makes them writable.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Saving throw bug is fixed.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Saving the sizes of adjustable boxes is a problem, it seems, as the web browser doesn't send an event to alert the script that you have resized anything. I'd have to poll them; let me think that over, as I don't want to make this too complicated.