What are you listening to/watching/reading?

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
GrimlinJoe

Re: What are you listening to/watching/reading?

Post by GrimlinJoe »

Listening: Health x Nine Inch Nails : Isn't Everyone

Watching: Book of Boba Fett & Lost

Reading: Heir to the Empire by Timothy Zahn
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Listening: 70s/80s funk interspersed with my D&D music (Midnight Syndicate, Nox Arcana, Dronalan's Tower)
Watching: Book of Boba Fett, All of us are Dead, Vox Machina
Reading: Not really reading anything currently..Started Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman but have been kinda stalled on it.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Olupo

Post by Olupo »

Reading: just finished "Solaris" from Stanislav Lem and I started "Caves of Steel" from Isaac Asimov.
Argamae

Post by Argamae »

I highly recommend THE DUNGEON SYNTH ARCHIVES, a channel on YouTube. You'll find tons of amazing stuff there, most if not all indie projects. Perfect for listening to while relaxing, reading, preparing a game or even to set the mood or to evoke a certain atmosphere during adventuring/gaming.

Since there are so many artists on this channel, here's a small sample of tracks to give you a taste of what's to find:

Mirthquell - Return of the Ancients
Ancient Boreal Forest & The Cold Domain - The Land of High Fantasy
Arathgoth - Guardians of the Fall
Erang - Echoes From A Past That Never Was
Galdur - Age of Legends
Rog - Bush & Thicket
Lord Lovidicus - Forgotten Ruins

Since this thread is now over 100 pages long please forgive me if this channel has been suggested before.
Fie upon the girlie men who are adverse to having encounters with random monsters!
Arcane_Hunter89

Post by Arcane_Hunter89 »

Currently working and on break. But when I'm off....
Reading: The Cthulhu Mythos (a reread. I've lost count how many times)

Listening: When Our Bodies Wash Ashore (inspiration for some adventure I'm cooking up for my players on the weekends) casual listening will be bluegrass, mostly

Watching: Solomoriah Speaks for how to be a better GM. Bandits Keep and Seth Skorkowsky for more broader TTRPG stuff.
“Ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of Time.”

- HP Lovecraft
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Arcane_Hunter89 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:25 am Currently working and on break. But when I'm off....

Listening: When Our Bodies Wash Ashore (inspiration for some adventure I'm cooking up for my players on the weekends) casual listening will be bluegrass, mostly

Watching: Solomoriah Speaks for how to be a better GM. Bandits Keep and Seth Skorkowsky for more broader TTRPG stuff.
I always catch myself rereading Lovecraft!

Currently re-reading the Icewind Dale Trilogy with the attempt to re-read and read all of RA Salvatore's Forgotten Realms books..

Listen: Whatever catches my fancy on Spotify!!

Watching. I got really burnt out on TV series since I kinda overbinged things.. But just got done seeing 'The Batman' and loved it!!
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Ser_Pointy_Face

Post by Ser_Pointy_Face »

Watching: So despite being in my 30's, I had never seen the Conan films, nor the 80's Excalibur. Watched all three recently and all three were fantastic. Can't believe I had just ignored them this whole time. They actually made me add a Snake Cult and a faction of questing knights to my BFRPG campaign
Arcane_Hunter89

Post by Arcane_Hunter89 »

dymondy2k wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:02 pm
Arcane_Hunter89 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:25 am Currently working and on break. But when I'm off....

I always catch myself rereading Lovecraft!

Currently re-reading the Icewind Dale Trilogy with the attempt to re-read and read all of RA Salvatore's Forgotten Realms books..

Listen: Whatever catches my fancy on Spotify!!

Watching. I got really burnt out on TV series since I kinda overbinged things.. But just got done seeing 'The Batman' and loved it!!
I thought it was a pretty good movie. Better than I expected. The guy who's our dwarf cleric in my campaign and I were discussing Salvatore. Super underrated writer. IMO, one of the better action scene writers out there.
“Ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of Time.”

- HP Lovecraft
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Currently listening to Metallic Radio on Pandora which plays a variety of Rock.

Reading is a variety of game modules as I work on material for my in-person game.

I don't watch tv much but I do watch a variety of twitch streams.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Reading: Midnight Club, Dune
Watching: Murdoch Mysteries, Midnight Mass, Game of Thrones