What are you listening to/watching/reading?

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Sir Daggerford

Re: What are you listening to/watching/reading?

Post by Sir Daggerford »

Listening to: “Nowhere Now” by Steven Wilson. Some relaxing prog rock to remedy the stress of a hectic day at work.
"Hide behind the mound of dead Bards!" -Flynn the Fine, Gamers: Dorkness Rising

An ex-parrot pining for the fjords, of course!
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Watching Andromeda. My head tells me that this show sucks but my heart is fighting back. Its neck and neck entering episode 4.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Listening: RemixSample, Stories Untold soundtrack, Chipzel
Reading: Stars Without Number Revised, Vampire Requiem 2E, Delta Green and Mythras adventures
Watching: NCIS, Friends, Death in Paradise
Playing: bass guitar (still just working on playing to metronome and basic scale shapes)
Writing: various progress on 7(!) different BFRPG adventures (some were previously posted but pulled for re-working)
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Has anyone else watched the TV show Andromeda by Gene Roddenberry? The acting and writing are horrible but i just keep watching? what is going on here?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0213327/
Sir Daggerford

Post by Sir Daggerford »

Listening to: "Cannonball" by The Breeders. A little bit of what I would almost define as subdued noise rock (probably an oxymoronic statement), with some unorthodox instrumentation.

Haronniin

Post by Haronniin »

Hywaywolf wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 6:48 pm Has anyone else watched the TV show Andromeda by Gene Roddenberry? The acting and writing are horrible but i just keep watching? what is going on here?
Yea, I watched it pretty faithfully when it first came out. I don't remember a great deal about it, but I know I didn't watch it for the amazing writing or acting. I guess it was the overall world and the struggle to resurrect something from the ashes.

My favorite character was Rev. I was disappointed when the actor chose to leave and they had to sort of short cut his story arc.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Haronniin wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 9:57 pm
Hywaywolf wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 6:48 pm Has anyone else watched the TV show Andromeda by Gene Roddenberry? The acting and writing are horrible but i just keep watching? what is going on here?
Yea, I watched it pretty faithfully when it first came out. I don't remember a great deal about it, but I know I didn't watch it for the amazing writing or acting. I guess it was the overall world and the struggle to resurrect something from the ashes.

My favorite character was Rev. I was disappointed when the actor chose to leave and they had to sort of short cut his story arc.
I only just finished the first season, but its a pretty good binge. I think what it is is that it feels a lot like the original star trek just with better (but just as hokey) special effects. And the ships and space stations are pretty cool.
Sir Daggerford

Post by Sir Daggerford »

Listening to: "Square Hammer" by Ghost. Some tonal and lyrical content extremely reminiscent of classic heavy metal, with a modern production quality.

Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Hywaywolf wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 6:48 pm Has anyone else watched the TV show Andromeda by Gene Roddenberry?
I have years ago, I really enjoyed back then (I rarely watch sci-fi shows, so maybe my bar wasn't very high), I like it that the character weren't stereotypical, and that humans have and important ability making then no less than other races/species.
I have all the seasons waiting on an external drive...
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Reading: The Fellowship of the Ring, Night Shift
Watching: 13 Reasons Why, NCIS, Lessons from the Screenplay