Another "newbie"

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
bat

Another "newbie"

Post by bat »

Hey all!
I have been reading the forum for some time, and I was having a problem registering until very recently with a little help.
For some time I have had the print of BFRPG2, yet I have run S&W or LL. Even with all of the files downloaded from this site. I am itching to run a game of BFRPG (well, I will Saturday) and throw in some of the aspects from my obscure little blog.
As for me, I am a founding member of TARGA and I try to keep active in the community and try to promote oldschool gaming as much as possible. It is amazing to see how many people were unaware of these new versions of the games they have loved.
I am currently kitbashing my BFRPG game book with the OpenOffice files, adding the classes and some of the other files here for my players to use as a reference.
Hywaywolf

Re: Another "newbie"

Post by Hywaywolf »

Welcome to the forum. Good to see BFRPG getting new players.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Welcome!! Nice to see BFRPG getting attention.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
bat

Post by bat »

Thank you for the welcome!

I write a lot of illusionist and druid spells, but there aren't many druid or illusionist classes for any of the other simulacrums. With Basic Fantasy, I am ready to roll. However, with my kitbash version of the core book, I will require a Pete Mullen cover.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

be sure to share your work... love to see what you do with the material
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
bat

Post by bat »

I started my blog as S&W, then moved to LL, but I am enjoying how BFRPG is put together mechanically. I know that the differences are subtle, but this is growing on me, which is making the blog more oldschool than sticking to any one game. I will be releasing print versions of the blog and I am planning on including the BFRPG game to make it more universally oldschool, if that makes sense.

When I print out my kitbash version of the BFRPG book I will take a couple of photos of it.