warmachine

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
bigjawhite

warmachine

Post by bigjawhite »

Anyone here play Warmachine?

I have played Warhammer 40K and LOTR strategy battle game. Wondering how Warmachine gameplay compares with WK40K.
dymondy2k

Re: warmachine

Post by dymondy2k »

My son and I play it.. I play Khador and he plays Menoth.. I like it because it doesn't take a $1000 investment to start playing.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
bigjawhite

Post by bigjawhite »

my son and I play WH40K. set up takes a lot of time. not solely because of the number of figures, but also strategy and unit coherence considerations. warmachine quicker to set up?
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Well since the units are smaller.. most definitely.. a 25 point army might be your caster, a few Warjacks and a unit..
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
black1blade

Post by black1blade »

I play lotr sbg. Actually play is a rather dubious sate meant but oh well. I have large competitive armies of lothlorien and mirkwood and moria.
hurcheon

Post by hurcheon »

Warmachine is a game with a limited amount of figures. The characters have multiple hits, abilities and playes more like a collectable card game than a wargame.

WH40K is a mass figure wargame. The ground scale is silly, but it is supposed to be a game of a hundred or more figures, artillery and vehicles. Warmachine is a skirmish game, each figure is meant to be one character. In 40K it will be 20-50 per figure

If you want to play 40K without too hideous an outlay, do a search for 40K in 40 minutes for smaller scale games