Undermountain PbP needs another player or two.

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
dymondy2k

Re: Undermountain PbP needs another player or two.

Post by dymondy2k »

LOL this might work.. We've got a plethora of melee types already.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Part of the usefulness of the cleric is his abilities to fight the undead. Is there an undead fighting, healing class that isn't a cleric? With the amount of healing pots and ac rings healing is less of a priority than having someone who can turn the undead.
Longman

Post by Longman »

Sure, I can do that too if need be. I'm thinking "left the monastery but still has the robes."

Name: Quander Drake
Race: Human
Class: Cleric / Healer ? Apothecary type
Level: ?

Quander has red hair and freckles. He wasn't cut out for life in the monastery and was kicked out by the abbot after a red-headed bairn was born to a local farm lass, who pointed the finger at Quander when she was asked who had sired it. Feckless and free, he sought adventure, offering his healing skills to those who take great risk in search of great reward.

Weapons and Armor: Probably quarterstaff and nothing else.

Anyway lets see what the DM says.
Last edited by Longman on Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I am just making conversation. Play whatever role you want to play and however you want to play it. The most important thing will be how often you can post :)
Longman

Post by Longman »

Really I just want to be a much younger and far less respectable version of this guy:

http://cluny2010scotland.info/wp-conten ... hecary.jpg
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

If you're serious about playing I'll PM your stat line to you and ask Solo to grant you permissions. We are using the core rules only so your option for a healer type is a Cleric. I'd welcome a healer/leech using/bag carrying type guy but for now I don't want to deviate from the core rules.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

((In my opinion, you can still play the cleric carrying around a leather bag with bandages and bottles of leeches and half-full vials of foul-tasting herbal medicine (which may or may not work.) You'll have to touch a person to heal them so giving them an elixir will still serve that same purpose. The elixir works when you are using a healing spell and it doesn't when you aren't. :)

And instead of being feckless and free, which would be more likely to bring displeasure from the Devine, he could have been young and hopelessly romantic. Duped by the wiles of the daughter of the local authority, who was using you to steal treasures from the monastery, you were cast out by the clergy in order to find a satisfactory political solution to the problem. Now, you have a minor bitter streak, and have sworn off from love. All your relationships with women are strictly casual, and you make that perfectly clear to them from the get go. So yeah, now you are bit of a rake, but at heart you are still a good man and the Divinity recognizes that and blesses you with his power. Only you don't really know that you have clerical powers, you just think you are just so damn lucky that what you want just seems to happen.
Longman

Post by Longman »

Yeah I'm serious, at least for giving it a good ol' try.

Send me the stats. I will work out a character.

I wasn't suggesting deviating from the core rules or whatever. Just explaining that when I think of a cleric doing healing, it is an apothecary's mumbo jumbo that comes to mind, rather than the 'laying on hands'. Still works the same in terms of the actual mechanic, as Hywaywolf has said.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Awesome! I'll get the information sent to you during lunch. The boss frowns a bit if I have my dice and core rules sitting on the desk during business hours. :oops:
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
MedievalMan

Post by MedievalMan »

I know that feeling Jan, its always awkward having the personal laptop open next to the workstation. Even if I'm only browsing Amazon and RPGNow. :lol: