Dungeon Creation/Generation

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
wynteriii

Dungeon Creation/Generation

Post by wynteriii »

Labryinth Lord has rules and tables for dungeon room generation and I thought that was pretty cool. How hard would it be to make some tables of dungeon generation for Basic Fantasy? Is anyone interested?
chiisu81

Re: Dungeon Creation/Generation

Post by chiisu81 »

Probably not that hard to make, and I know I'd enjoy them.

I've wanted to write/contribute to a GM-specific resource, perhaps to complement the Beginners Guide. A friendly suggestive text on running a game, building an adventure/dungeon/campaign/world, etc.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

you mean other than page 146 and 147?
wynteriii

Post by wynteriii »

Those pages are good and I would use it along side the wandering monster table to stock the dungeon. However I was thinking something a little bit more elaborate like how one can generate magic items.

I think a GM supplement would be great. I was personally thinking about supplement solely based on dungeon generation. I don't know if that is too much like AD&D because of my want of multiple tables but I think it would help keep the game session fresh and different.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Its a mystery how no one has created a DM supplement yet because it keeps getting talked about off and on.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I wouldn't want it solely based on dungeon generation, but it would be a major part/chapter. And I would want tables all over the freaking place. :D

As a huge fan of both 2E's Catacomb and Campaign Guide, along with Pathfinder's Gamemastery Guide, I would absolutely like to participate in the creation of something similar for BFRPG. Perhaps we can start coming up with a rough outline for all the items we'd like to see in it?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

wynteriii wrote:Those pages are good and I would use it along side the wandering monster table to stock the dungeon. However I was thinking something a little bit more elaborate like how one can generate magic items.
The existing treasure tables don't work for you?
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
wynteriii

Post by wynteriii »

From what I've seen the tables are fine. However I wish, and soon plan, to create a supplement for creating dungeons. All the tables brought together for a step by step process on creation and filling of dungeons for the busy Game Master.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I still don't understand. Its right there in the book over a couple pages how to fill it in?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

If someone built a program or app that did that for BFRPG it would be awesome.