RPG books to give away

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
chiisu81

RPG books to give away

Post by chiisu81 »

Nothing like having internet at home not work for a few days to make you realize what an addict you are...

Anyways, over the past year or so I've accumulated quite a number of RPG books thanks to eBay, Lulu, etc. I've flipped through all, read most of them, and have picked the very few I want to keep on my shelf (which is pretty small these days, thanks to PDFs). The ones I'm not keeping: I could certainly donate to a local library, Goodwill, or try to sell back on eBay, but I'd rather give them to you guys, as this has been the friendliest and helpful board I've ever been on. I don't want to sell these for anything, just give them away; if you wanted to paypal a few bucks to help with shipping, then that's cool, but it's not required. I'll need to make a full list when I'm back home, but here's a rough list. For now please don't PM me, just leave a reply in this thread if you have any passing interest. Thanks. :)

AD&D 1E: 1 PH, 1 MM, 3 DMGs (one is the new reprint)
AD&D 2E: 1 PH, 2 DMG
AD&D Greyhawk Adventures
Swords & Wizardry Whitebox paperback
Swords & Wizardry Core custom print (coil bound, good paper)
Swords & Wizardry Complete (Otus cover)
Pathfinder Beginner Box
Star Trek Basic RPG box (Fasa)
Star Wars RPG (WEG 2E) x 2
Star Wars RPG Sourcebook (WEG 2E)
Star Wars RPG Gamemaster Book (WEG 2E)
Rifts RPG core book
Sorin_777

Re: RPG books to give away

Post by Sorin_777 »

Wow, nice generosity! Dibs...

Seriously, disabled vet on a fixed income here, I am currently gaming via PDF. I would likely be most interested in S&W books and the 1E stuff.
hjmartin70

Post by hjmartin70 »

Six months from now you will regret it. That said, I would love any of the WEG Star Wars stuff or Swords & Wizardry Complete (Otus cover). Let me know what shipping is and I will cover it.
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

On the one hand it's nothing I don't own in PDF... on the other hand I've only ever owned one physical, dead tree copy of any RPG book and that feels a little embarrassing... I dunno, if there's something nobody else wants I guess I could find a home for it.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

I'd be interested in the Pathfinder Beginner Box.

I am in Canada so if you don't want to ship outside the country I understand but otherwise as long as shipping isn't TOO outrageous I'd pony up for that.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

I would love one of the 1E DMG if you haven't assigned them all out yet. I use that one exclusively to help with the little things I can't find in BFRPG like treasure XP etc.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Sorin_777

Post by Sorin_777 »

I would revise my post not to sound too broad:

1E PHP, MM, DM (If that's OK to ask for three!)
S&W Whitebox

Thanks again
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Internet still down at home (3 modems and a new line so far!) but been keeping an eye on things from work.

All requests sound good so far. Thank you for the offers of helping to pay shipping, that'll help indeed. Also, I may be ordering a few BFRPG books from Amazon, how about I throw in a paperback copy of the BFRPG rules? If you already have the core book in print, let me know.

Sorin_777: you've already made great contributions on the Workshop threads, happy to have more input on all things BFRPG. From a fellow family of those who have served in literally all branches of military I thank you for your service. At least the set of AD&D 1E books and SW: Whitebox are set aside for you.

hjmartin70: yeah I used to think I'd regret giving away or selling things (music CDs, DVDs, books, musical instruments) but I've learned it's usually things I wasn't truly using anyway, and if they find better homes then I'm good. :) I'll set aside a set of the Star Wars WEG books and the S&W Complete.

LibraryLass: while I've pared my RPG shelf way down twice now, it is nice to have at least a small stack of books to flip through, so let's hook you up with some books. :)

Blazeguard: my "record" for shipping was a heavy stage piano to Australia (yeah still can't believe that eBay purchase was legit!) so a lighter box to our friends to the North is no problem. :)

dymondy2k: it is indeed a great resource no matter what rules are being used, a 1E DMG set aside for you!
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Awesome! lemme know where to send my address..
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Sorin_777

Post by Sorin_777 »

chiisu81 wrote:All requests sound good so far. Thank you for the offers of helping to pay shipping, that'll help indeed. Also, I may be ordering a few BFRPG books from Amazon, how about I throw in a paperback copy of the BFRPG rules? If you already have the core book in print, let me know.
Friend, your generosity is incredible. It might seem small to throw in an extra copy of BFRPG in print, but for those of us gaming by PDF, it is very much appreciated. I actually thumb through my old Basic (Moldvay) and Expert (Mentzer) books often, because sometimes I just prefer dead trees in my hand. Won't someone invent the tech to do a CTRL-F search through paper books? ;-)

So thanks again, and by all means PM me with an amount for shipping, it's the least I could do.