Miniatures

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
tkdco2

Re: Miniatures

Post by tkdco2 »

I haven't gone to the Dollar Store lately, but maybe I should. Someone posted a Dollar Store Challenge video for a D&D game; we can always use it for BFRPG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdRrvn6G4Bs
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

MinkyBoodle wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:04 pm Am I the only one who found Dollar Tree D&D dice in red, green, yellow, blue, and purple? Granted that was once and only once, though.
Really? I’ve never seen other colors! Pretty cool. They have a case of the brown ones online. If I ever DM a one-shot for kids again, or at a Con, I might get those to bring. But I’ve only seen the dice in the store twice, and bought a set the second time. And this is in the three Dollar Trees within a couple miles of my home - my 11yo is addicted to the candy deals. :D We we’re both crushed when the only true “dollar” store went to a buck-twenty-five.
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
tkdco2

Post by tkdco2 »

I've heard conflicting stories about the Dollar Store dice. Some say they're great; others say the quality isn't so good. What are your experiences on the dice?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I have some that I use, and one pack that hangs on the wall as a decoration for my videos. The quality is adequate, but no more than that. IMO, of course.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

MinkyBoodle wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:04 pm Am I the only one who found Dollar Tree D&D dice in red, green, yellow, blue, and purple? Granted that was once and only once, though.
If I remember right, the other colors were available when the dice first came out, but it seems no one bought the brown dice and that is all that is left. I've never seen them at my local store, but I have checked the website and a box of dice is available there.
MinkyBoodle

Post by MinkyBoodle »

AlMan wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:42 am
If I remember right, the other colors were available when the dice first came out, but it seems no one bought the brown dice and that is all that is left. I've never seen them at my local store, but I have checked the website and a box of dice is available there.
You're probably right on the brown ones being the leftovers. I checked the website and that is the only color listed. :(
"My love is my sword."
"If I were you I'd stay away from thoughts like that."
-Dekar and Guy, Lufia II
teaman

Post by teaman »

The first is a fuzzy photo of a Warhammer tyrannid, which could be any bug-like opponent for BFRPG. Overall, the Warhammer stuff is WAY too expensive but this set was a gift from my son who knows I like dorky stuff.

The second is a Dollar Tree alien. Give him a hold person spell like effect with that eye, and then three claw attacks and you're set
tyrannid.png
tyrannid.png (585.85 KiB) Viewed 1748 times
monster.png
monster.png (775.72 KiB) Viewed 1748 times
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

tkdco2 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:06 pm I've heard conflicting stories about the Dollar Store dice. Some say they're great; others say the quality isn't so good. What are your experiences on the dice?
They work fine. I have a ton of other dice (don't we all) so they sneak into the lineup every so often, and I've never had any issues. My daughter has been buying me super nice Easy Roller dice for a couple Christmas/birthdays, those are fun to use. Particularly the metal (less frequently) and blood rock (more frequently) ones :D
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

teaman wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:15 am The first is a fuzzy photo of a Warhammer tyrannid, which could be any bug-like opponent for BFRPG. Overall, the Warhammer stuff is WAY too expensive but this set was a gift from my son who knows I like dorky stuff.

The second is a Dollar Tree alien. Give him a hold person spell like effect with that eye, and then three claw attacks and you're set

tyrannid.png
monster.png
Instead of 3 claw attacks, You could do a paralysis gaze attack and a sonic attack due that mouth looking like a speaker to me.
teaman

Post by teaman »

Metroknight wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:22 pm
teaman wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:15 am The first is a fuzzy photo of a Warhammer tyrannid, which could be any bug-like opponent for BFRPG. Overall, the Warhammer stuff is WAY too expensive but this set was a gift from my son who knows I like dorky stuff.

tyrannid.png
monster.png
Instead of 3 claw attacks, You could do a paralysis gaze attack and a sonic attack due that mouth looking like a speaker to me.
That's certainly a possibility too. Thanks for taking a look.
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games