DM decision help

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Hywaywolf

Re: DM decision help

Post by Hywaywolf »

-The closest guild is in Dimwittedville and they are Out-Of-Network. If we go there they'll tack on some lootless Save-the-Damsel-in-Distress quest. (touches poor dead Dranick The Darksmile on the neck) Well, he isn't completely cold yet we have time to make it to the guild at Walmartindale where we can get a free sword sharpening with every resurrection.
GM Parseth

Post by GM Parseth »

Loving these ideas Dimirag and Hywaywolf :lol: !
Working on - The Fallen City & The Baroness of Blood
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

orobouros wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:13 pmAnd yet, typically you don't have a lot of "I died and was resurrected" people in most campaigns, even among the rich and powerful. (YMMV).
Lord Jarvan Margrave, lesser son of the disgraced house of Margrave in the land of Enterone, was slain by my player characters years ago; he was a bad man, and he deserved it. But he was a noble, and they killed him in his wizard's tower in a prominent town and left him there. The locals found him and his family had him raised, and he swore out a warrant for the party's arrest as murderers. Only in a fantasy game does the murder victim get to testify in court.

They went on the run and eventually did a service for a more powerful noble (Fortress of the Iron Duke in BF2 Fortress, Tomb, and Tower) and received a pardon from the Regency Council. So all was well, right?

Somehow Jarvan has established himself as the lost heir and new king of Enterone, a task he succeeded at in part by keeping the most magically adept member of the Regency Council, Duke Pons D'Angelo III, away from the meeting where he demonstrated his credentials (activating the Orb of Enterone with his touch). The adventurers successfully freed Duke D'Angelo (Castle D'Angelo in BF3 Strongholds of Sorcery) but are once again on the run...
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org