Cleric Options

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Sir Bedivere

Re: Cleric Options

Post by Sir Bedivere »

I really like this supplement, especially the Specific Priesthoods part. It looks like a pretty good system for differentiating clerics of different deities.

However, I've found two tiny errors that need fixing.

P. 1 under "Specific Priesthoods," you have: "The Basic Fantasy Role Playing Game shows characters from the Cleric class as militant priests with no mechanical differences between a faith and another ..."

Grammatically, it should be "one faith and another".

P. 6, under "Making Holy Water," you have: "Holy water is a steeple of old school adventure fantasy gaming ..."

"Steeple" should be "staple" (though I do appreciate that the incorrect word 'steeple' is part of a church building).
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Giving it another look I'm a little more suspicious of the specialty priest rules. Definitely they're a great idea, but it's something that will probably need continued work to be ready for primetime. But I won't give up on it 'cause I am completely behind it in concept.
artikid

Post by artikid »

Release 5 is up in the Showcase, I'm going to make a new thread for Specialty Priests and attach the file over there.
Cheers
artikid
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

Neat and concise. Why the extra Orison at 12?

Something I've been teasing around with is the idea of there being more uses for holy water besides lobbing at undead. I'm not sure if something like that would fit best here, or should find another home.
Go with a smile!
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

Nice work, like the other supplements it gives just a bit more to the core classes, but keeps it simple at the same time. My players all come from 2E and later versions of D&D, so I'm afraid that the Core BFRPG may be a little sparse on options for their tastes, but this really helps.
artikid

Post by artikid »

Joe the Rat wrote: Neat and concise. Why the extra Orison at 12?
I used MU Options supplemente as a base, personally I don't use 0 level spells so I had no reasons to change it.
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

I'd like to put forth as a suggestion that holy water might have a secondary use beyond undead/demon fighting. Perhaps it works as a very mild healing item, say, 1d4 or less (and/or maybe a small bonus to poison saves) once per day on a fresh wound?
artikid

Post by artikid »

LibraryLass wrote:I'd like to put forth as a suggestion that holy water might have a secondary use beyond undead/demon fighting. Perhaps it works as a very mild healing item, say, 1d4 or less (and/or maybe a small bonus to poison saves) once per day on a fresh wound?
Too far from classic sources for me.
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Valid enough, I suppose.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I like the idea of some benefit, but not healing. Perhaps a bonus vs. Poison saves wouldn't be too far off, though.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org