Basic Fantasy RPG Core Rules 3rd Edition

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Basic Fantasy RPG Core Rules 3rd Edition

Post by Solomoriah »

Okay, so over on Google+ Nick Warcholak pointed out that the description of Wisdom says it affects saving throws against some magical attacks, but nowhere else in the rulebook does it explain that. I would have sworn I put it in the Saving Throws section years ago, but it's not there.

So I added that bit, and fixed the dinosaur mentioned above, and even now am pushing R91 to the server.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Omote

Post by Omote »

(R91)

On page 3 of the document (page 7 of the .pdf)
The image of the character sheet in the lower left-hand corner has the saving throw category "Para/Stone." Stone is not a saving throw category. Perhaps change to "Para/Petr."

On page 5 (page 9 of the .pdf)
Second column, under Saving Throws for elves.
Place a comma after the word petrify to be consistent with your writing for the rest of the saving throw entries for the different races.

Page 45 (page 49 of the .pdf)
How to Attack section.
In this paragraph it references page 47. The attack bonus table is on page 46.

~O
Tree Ant

Post by Tree Ant »

I noticed Elf Magic-user/Thief is being added to the core rules. Would you also consider adding Dwarf Fighter/Thief. That is another iconic combo class.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Omote wrote:(R91)

On page 3 of the document (page 7 of the .pdf)
The image of the character sheet in the lower left-hand corner has the saving throw category "Para/Stone." Stone is not a saving throw category. Perhaps change to "Para/Petr."
Good point, but I don't think I want to change this one at this time. It's not so confusing that it can't be figured out, and it has never caused a question before; that graphic has been unchanged since 2006, after all.
Omote wrote:On page 5 (page 9 of the .pdf)
Second column, under Saving Throws for elves.
Place a comma after the word petrify to be consistent with your writing for the rest of the saving throw entries for the different races.
Ack. Can't believe I missed one after all this time. But though inconsistent, it's not actually wrong, so unless something else forces a new release I'm not changing it.
Omote wrote:Page 45 (page 49 of the .pdf)
How to Attack section.
In this paragraph it references page 47. The attack bonus table is on page 46.
AND now I have to do a new release. Crap. I didn't want page number references in the first place, for this very reason.
Tree Ant wrote:I noticed Elf Magic-user/Thief is being added to the core rules. Would you also consider adding Dwarf Fighter/Thief. That is another iconic combo class.
Sorry, no. Statistically, if you are just using the Core Rules, playing a Fighter/Thief gives no advantage. If you do the math, you'll see that a straight Thief fights better than a Fighter/Thief. Fighter/Thief only makes sense if you also use Combat Options, and given that, I can't put them in the Core Rules.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

... so now R92 is uploading. Gah. Still hoping for a pre-Black Friday release...
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

No attack(s) listed in stat-block: Giant Ant, Assassin Vine, Bat, Giant Tiger Beetle, Black Pudding, Blood Rose, Crocodile, Dinosaur Pterodactyl & Pterandon, Doppleganger, Efreeti, Elementals (though narrow columns likely prevent details), Gelatinous Cube, Hill Giant, Stone Giant, Gnome, Iron Golem, Stone Golem, Gray Ooze, Green Slime, Hawk, Invisible Stalker, Giant Leech, Mermaid, Ochre Jelly, Rust Monster, Skeleton, Troll

Page 157, #4: the image is above not below :D
Omote

Post by Omote »

Took me a while to figure out what you were trying to say Chii. I get it now.

There is not a type of attack listed in the stat block next to the number. For example, "1 Bite," "1 Claw," "1 Swipe," "1 Wing," etc. The rest of the monster's attack row contain some descriptive form of the attack (Bite, Claw, Pounce, etc.).

~O
Last edited by Omote on Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Adding details to the # Attacks field was never on my radar. Wish I'd thought of that sooner. If that was all you found, I'd let it ride, but the image position on page 157 has to be corrected one way or another.

Gah. Another new revision, here at the last minute... won't have time to do it tonight, so probably tomorrow.
Omote

Post by Omote »

R92:

Pg 164 (.pdf 168)
In the Index, there is entry for "Turn" and it references page 8. Page 8 has no such word. Page 7 under Cleric has a reference to Turn Undead and nothing with "Turn."

The index should be changed to the following:
The term "Turn" needs to be changed to reference page 36 (Time), where the term "turn" is used.

~O
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

I cast Magic Armor
I put behind the shielded dwarven fighter
I cast Charm

Has this been incorporated into the corebook? viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1420

I cast Teleport
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/