JN1 The Chaotic Caves

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
jdn2006

Re: JN1 The Chaotic Caves

Post by jdn2006 »

Sir Bedivere wrote:Oh, and the orcs should have an armored movement rate listed, 20' I think.
I remember pausing over that, but decided to copy the stat's straight from the book where it has 40', trustung the GM to decide on their own what to do.
jdn2006

Post by jdn2006 »

Sir Bedivere wrote:I'm enjoying the caves! One quick note:

In area A, room 4 (the chief's room) it says there are 4 orc warriors. However, they have the same HD and stats as normal orcs, instead of the 2HD, etc., from the core rules.

Edit: Also, Area B room 11 says it has orc warriors, but the stats are for simple orcs.
I tend to use "warrior" willy-nilly for flavor (trying to break the habit). They're supposed to be regular orcs.
jdn2006

Post by jdn2006 »

I have an updated version of JN1 Chaotic Caves. will e-mail the files. They can also be found on my keepandshare account:

Last edited by jdn2006 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I've received your new copies, and I'll get them posted sometime soon. Note that you can upload things here, too.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
jdn2006

Post by jdn2006 »

I updated the text to get rid of some errors (to the above keep-and-share links).
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

I only just noticed that this has been officially updated to a new release... nice, very nice!!

We need a couple more Supplements/Updates... it has been a while (except this one).
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
billiambabble

Post by billiambabble »

Quick query guys
I'm ordering a few different things from Lulu atm. Is Chaotic Caves available to buy there? (or elsewhere in bound form?)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Not right now, at least, not as a standard Basic Fantasy Project product. The only things we have in print are the 2nd Edition Core Rules and BF1 Morgansfort. I'd like to get both JN1 and JN2 in final form, and put them out as a combo module (as combos make more sense on Lulu.com). Assuming J.D. agrees, of course. But they both need editing, and I think he's adding more material to JN1.
billiambabble

Post by billiambabble »

Excellent. :)

By "combo" do you mean that they are in the same book? I guess that makes lots of sense in terms of value and the books having a nice spine. :) Morgansfort is sitting in my basket/wishlist, it would be great to buy some of the modules and supplements as well.
(Caught some of your post/status on FB)

Lulu is such an odd site - everything feels the wrong way around somehow. Still, its easier than home-book-binding. ;)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

It makes more sense to publish fewer larger works on Lulu, rather than more smaller works, since there is a base charge per book plus a per-page charge. If it were strictly per page, it wouldn't matter. So I generally combine smaller modules into larger mega-modules... BF2 was originally three modules, for instance, as was BF1.

I'm hoping J.D. will go for combining the two for publication. It's up to him, though.