AA1 Adventure Anthology 1

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Messa

Re: AA1 Adventure Anthology One

Post by Messa »

I decided to doodle the map for the Old Dwarven Gold Mine. I decided that, as a beginning BFRPG player, Morgansfort is a little intimidating, so... I'll have two characters, Ellarwen (my main) and Aura (pregen from Morgansfort) traveling to the mines. 😊

Hope you guys like the map. Some parts I messed up on, but I think it looks okay. 🙂
Attachments
16281161797542293765384463721974.jpg
16281161797542293765384463721974.jpg (3.44 MiB) Viewed 3707 times
HeptorColeslaw

Post by HeptorColeslaw »

I am having two questions to AA1 - "Ruin of Darkfir Castle" - Cursed Chapel (Page 26).

First:
At the end of this key ("Cursed Chapel") the ghost will try to magic jar the priest.
I studied the description of the spell "Magic Jar" and the "Ghost", but can't figure out how this will regulary work and what will happen?

Second:
After the ghost was successful, the priest will be healed and will gather one additional, permanent attribute point.
How does that work and why gets the priest a reward as the ghost is succesful with the magic jar?
Shouldn't the ghost instead take over the body of the priest?

Maybe I am missing something! Can you help me, because I am trying to translate this to german language and I need to understand what will happen there?
Seven

Post by Seven »

Regarding ghosts and Magic Jar. It's supposed to work like this. The spirit of the ghost goes into the victim's body and the spirit of the victim goes wherever it was that the spirit of the ghost resided. Ghosts are typically bounded to a location, a haunted house for example and that's where their spirit reside. The GM can be more precise if he wants to, but normally it's not necessary to narrow it down to a particular object or stone.

For the second part, without looking at the actual adventure, I think the ghost's haunting will end once it has accomplished its objective, so at this point, the ghost will disappear as its spirit passes on, and the spirit of the victim will return to its rightful body. The attribute point, in this case, is a gift from the ghost.
HeptorColeslaw

Post by HeptorColeslaw »

The spirit of the praying character will be transported into the ruin and meanwhile the priests ghost will move into the character. Then the priests ghost can talk to the adventurers through the character and thank them for freeing him from the ruin. After that the ghost will leave the characters body and the ruin, to find his everlasting peace now. And the characters spirit will asap return to the characters body which now was gifted with a bonus attribut point.

This sounds very good for me.
Now I can describe this encounter to the german audience with a suggestion on how to handle with this encounter.
Thank you very much Seven.
teaman

Post by teaman »

Messa wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:38 pm I decided to doodle the map for the Old Dwarven Gold Mine. I decided that, as a beginning BFRPG player, Morgansfort is a little intimidating, so... I'll have two characters, Ellarwen (my main) and Aura (pregen from Morgansfort) traveling to the mines. 😊

Hope you guys like the map. Some parts I messed up on, but I think it looks okay. 🙂
This is a great little adventure, perfect for a starting party. Best of luck!
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
HeptorColeslaw

Post by HeptorColeslaw »

Messa wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:38 pm I decided to doodle the map for the Old Dwarven Gold Mine. I decided that, as a beginning BFRPG player, Morgansfort is a little intimidating...
Yes, I also like this adventure a lot, because it has - related to his lenth - many interesting things to fiddle around for your characters.
I wish you a lot of fun with it.
PerformanceChecks

Post by PerformanceChecks »

The Goblins in Area 1 are supposed to fire arrows at the players but appear to have no bows in their stat's.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I sometimes arm goblins and kobolds with miniature bows doing 1d4 on a hit; their arrows are therefore not useful for PCs normally, though I suppose I'd allow a halfling or dwarf to use a goblin bow and arrows.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Seven

Post by Seven »

Technically, a human could use a kobold bow and arrow.
I'd just grant a penalty to hit--until the human becomes expert with it--and keep the lower stats.
Maybe add a chance to pull too hard and break the bow. Maybe on a 1?

Not sure why anyone would want to do that, but I have heard of people who shoot bows from one knee.
Hardof

Post by Hardof »

In r21, Beneath Brymassen, page 20, last BoxedText in the right hand column:

Code: Select all

...There are 
ragged tapestries on each wall, but they are quiet
ancient and rotten.
Shouldn't quiet be quite?