Wandering Monsters Supplement

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Wandering Monsters Supplement

Post by Solomoriah »

AlMan wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:38 pm Oh by the way the headers for "Ocean" show up as "Mountains or Hills" and the headers for "Swamp" come up as "River or Riverside". Also there is no "River or Riverside" in the Table of Contents.
Flow issues. Let these ride until the book is complete; I can fix them, and they'll just break again.

Except that TOC issue... that's a paragraph style that got missed. Thanks!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
TPFox

Post by TPFox »

Thanks for taking the time to show me the ropes a little guys. I need a little break before I get back to it as I threw up about 3 lists in a short amount of time going back to page 11 of this sub-forum (not sure if that's the right word or not...) If you don't do something with these lists in the next few days, I'll go back over them maybe around Tuesday and make sure fresh water monsters are not in the ocean, and Warriors types have the right HP.
TPFox

Post by TPFox »

I haven't returned to work on this supplement because I don't think the general focus maybe should be here - yet. After giving things a bit of thought, I think people's energies regarding monsters would be better spent getting the Field Guide's 2 and 3 finished. This guide can't be finished without at least the 2nd guide being finished. And I think it would be a much stronger guide if it drew materials form all 3 field guides. If this supplement based itself on all 3 of the Field Guide's, it would be a really solid supplement.
Seven

Post by Seven »

My advice would be to stick to the first 2 field guides for now.
There could be a new field guide in progress as long as people are interested in BFRPG.
Any completed Wandering Monsters Supplement is better than an incomplete one.
At any rate, thanks for the good work.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Seven is correct; stick with the first two Field Guides, and this can finally be completed and put into print. FG3 is at best a year or two away; and FG2 isn't even completed nor in print quite yet.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Honestly, for me the main thing holding up FG2 is the fact that art keeps appearing... it's hard to put it to bed, so to speak, when new stuff keeps popping up.

Not that I mind the art, not at ALL... just that I wish I knew when would be good to cut it off.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
vitae_drinker

Post by vitae_drinker »

I just found this supplement and was looking it over. I really do like it, but I think we need to stick to just the base rule book, FG1 and FG2 for encounters. Then, once FG3 is released, I would say to integrate an appendix to that with additional entries that you can replace or modify the charts in this with.