DC1 Tales from the Laughing Dragon

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Metroknight

Re: DC1 Tales from the Laughing Dragon

Post by Metroknight »

I started the group off after meeting at the Laughing Dragon Inn and they chose to go investigate Fonkin's hut. I described the hut as a simple round hut that was about 10 ft across and tall enough for a human to stand up inside. They had to first get past the locked front door (not trap but could have been) only to discover that the hut was just an empty shell. The floor consisted of a spiral Dwarven made stone staircase going down into the ground. It descended about 30 ft to let out into a large oval room that was lined with wooden bookcases (elven made) with hidden wheels on them. This room was heavily ransacked with most of the books damaged in various manners. Remember that Val robbed Fonkin so this was the results of her searching for those items.

The group explored the underground living areas. I had listed a bedroom, a few storage rooms, kitchen area,a bathroom (all dwarven and halfing worked) that lead off the main room. Each room entrance was placed behind one of the bookcases. One of the group accidently pulled one of the bookcases over on top of another character because a cat was behind the bookcase and it spooked the character.

If you want to know more then just ask.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

I'm going to use Mapmatic to make the map so I may have to square it up some..
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Go for it. :D

I just was posting some of what I did in the game I'm running. Instead of Fonkin teleporting away, I had him faint from lack of food and drink. I'm using him as a sage not a magic-user turned sage. He doesn't know magic but does have a collection of books and magical items. I have Val being a Mage/thief that stole those magical items from him. She ransacked his place which in the process she shredded books, destroyed supplies (his foodstuffs), broke his furniture, etc. I had her trash his place pretty bad just for spite (back history when Fonkin awakens-he turned her down when she tried to seduce him while she was his apprentice then kicked her out).

Fonkin took off after her with a load of scrolls that was made especially for him from npc magic-users. He received them in trade for his work as the most renowned sage in the region. The group has last one of the scrolls and a spellbook that was found in the remains of the debris in Fonkin's home.

The scrolls that were made for Fonkin are one shot usable by anyone. These scrolls are not random treasure either. There is only one left and that is the knock scroll.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

I like the idea of him fainting away.. He originally was just a sage but I made him into a MU to fit the BFRPG archetypes a bit better. But if you just make him a wise old gnome and he faints, the party could easily carry him back to town before continuing. I'm not sure about the gnome/half-elf love affair though. I don't think the Barony is THAT liberal yet.. :o
The Dragonclaw Barony
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I'll give this a read over the weekend and see what text and maps I could chip in. :)
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

- Introduction, The Hunt for Valanunthe, delete extra "the"
- Introduction, Rodemus Keep, Add "." before last sentence
- Wandering Monsters, #7, delete space after "MI 9" and before ")"
- Upper Level, #4, delete extra space in "... led to the north door"
- Upper Level, #5, delete extra space in "... as well as half-plate armor"
- Upper Level, #12, change last sentence to "A detect magic spell would also detect the illusion."
- Upper Level, #18, delete extra space in "... 15 crossbow bolts + 1"
- The Hunt for Valanunthe, The Laughing Dragon Inn, delete extra space in "... attention from a private area"
- The Hunt for Valanunthe, The Laughing Dragon Inn, Fonkin, delete extra space in "... appentice named Valanunthe"
- The Hunt for Valanunthe, The Laughing Dragon Inn, Fonkin, Stolen Item #2, delete extra "and"
- The Hunt for Valanunthe, GM's Information, first paragraph, correct to "Since the circumstances have changed..."
- The Hunt for Valanunthe, Wandering Monsters, delete extra space in "This wandering monster table..."
- The Hunt for Valanunthe, #9 Captain of the Guard, 2nd boxed text, correct to "an empty wash bin"
- The Hunt for Valanunthe, Conclusion, 2nd paragraph, delete extra space in "... dismiss the party"
- Rodemus Keep, History of Rodemus Keep, correct to "predates"
- Rodemus Keep, GM's Information, 4th paragraph, delete extra space in "rose up against Llancrest"
- Rodemus Keep, 12. Golbins Last Stand, delete extra "the" near end of paragraph
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Introduction, The Hunt for Valanunthe, delete extra "the" -Done
- Introduction, Rodemus Keep, Add "." before last sentence - Done
- Wandering Monsters, #7, delete space after "MI 9" and before ")" - Done
- Upper Level, #4, delete extra space in "... led to the north door" - Done.. also fixed some goofy language in that paragraph.
- Upper Level, #5, delete extra space in "... as well as half-plate armor" Couldn't find this one, could be the justification when converted to PDF.
- Upper Level, #12, change last sentence to "A detect magic spell would also detect the illusion." - Done
- Upper Level, #18, delete extra space in "... 15 crossbow bolts + 1" - Done
- The Hunt for Valanunthe, The Laughing Dragon Inn, delete extra space in "... attention from a private area" - Done
- The Hunt for Valanunthe, The Laughing Dragon Inn, Fonkin, delete extra space in "... appentice named Valanunthe" - Done
- The Hunt for Valanunthe, The Laughing Dragon Inn, Fonkin, Stolen Item #2, delete extra "and" - Done
- The Hunt for Valanunthe, GM's Information, first paragraph, correct to "Since the circumstances have changed..." - Done and cleaned up an extra space as well.
- The Hunt for Valanunthe, Wandering Monsters, delete extra space in "This wandering monster table..." - Done
- The Hunt for Valanunthe, #9 Captain of the Guard, 2nd boxed text, correct to "an empty wash bin" - Done
- The Hunt for Valanunthe, Conclusion, 2nd paragraph, delete extra space in "... dismiss the party" - Done
- Rodemus Keep, History of Rodemus Keep, correct to "predates" - Done
- Rodemus Keep, GM's Information, 4th paragraph, delete extra space in "rose up against Llancrest" - Done
- Rodemus Keep, 12. Golbins Last Stand, delete extra "the" near end of paragraph - Done

Awesome! Changes made and updated version sent to Chris.
The Dragonclaw Barony
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Did not receive it...
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Forgot to click send.. it was sitting in my drafts LOL derp..
The Dragonclaw Barony
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Did the update make it to you Solo?