CS3 Mysterious Island Contest

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
chiisu81

Re: Mysterious Island Contest

Post by chiisu81 »

r3 of the skeleton document uploaded to first post. Like before, don't worry about this if you've already started.
Fixed fonts and example stat-lines.
Bumblepig

Post by Bumblepig »

Rutibex wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:30 am
Bumblepig wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:16 am Here's my entry.
I've been wanting to do a mini-setting with placed encounters for each hex, so that's what I did for the island.
I love it! I was hoping someone would do an Island of Doctor Moreau, it feels like the right kind of island for D&D.
I'm glad you like it. :) It's probably more Animal Farm than Doctor Moreau, but I can see that connection.
*D&D* did do a Doctor Moreau adventure as part of the first Ravenloft series. It wasn't great.
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

You had me at partial transformation. :lol:
Bumblepig

Post by Bumblepig »

toddlyons wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:08 pm
You had me at partial transformation. :lol:
Just don't drink the water, Todd, and you'll be fine.
Rutibex

Post by Rutibex »

Here is my finished adventure. Its not a contest entry, I just figured some people might like to play it. I am going to be play testing it next time I run a session:

The Isle of Beauty
https://www.mediafire.com/file/khq9bovl ... 0.pdf/file
MinkyBoodle

Post by MinkyBoodle »

OK, folks, here's mine. I apologize in advance for the terrible formatting issues and the fact that we may need to change all the instances of "troglodyte" given the new wording in 4th ed.
Attachments
C3 The Island of the Lost-r1.odt
(4.82 MiB) Downloaded 64 times
"My love is my sword."
"If I were you I'd stay away from thoughts like that."
-Dekar and Guy, Lufia II
Bumblepig

Post by Bumblepig »

MinkyBoodle wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:00 am OK, folks, here's mine. I apologize in advance for the terrible formatting issues and the fact that we may need to change all the instances of "troglodyte" given the new wording in 4th ed.
Dang, what's happening to troglodytes? I'm sure it's buried in some thread. I don't think trogs have ever had their time in the sun. For fun I tried playing them as a PC race once (they're in the non human races supplement). Tons of fun!
As for formatting .... Those hp check boxes are my bane. I think I've formatted them six different ways and never figured out the best way to make them always turn out ok.
I haven't read yours all the way through but I'm digging the barklings. 🙂
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Bumblepig wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:09 am Dang, what's happening to troglodytes? I'm sure it's buried in some thread. I don't think trogs have ever had their time in the sun. For fun I tried playing them as a PC race once (they're in the non human races supplement). Tons of fun!
This happened:
Solomoriah wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:28 am
Boggo wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:48 pm Troglodyte - The description as lizard like is Specific (Troglodyte really means caveman more than anything else)
So we "drop" them. And add a stinky subspecies of lizard man. Problem solved, I hope.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
MinkyBoodle

Post by MinkyBoodle »

Bumblepig wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:09 am
MinkyBoodle wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:00 am OK, folks, here's mine. I apologize in advance for the terrible formatting issues and the fact that we may need to change all the instances of "troglodyte" given the new wording in 4th ed.
Dang, what's happening to troglodytes? I'm sure it's buried in some thread. I don't think trogs have ever had their time in the sun. For fun I tried playing them as a PC race once (they're in the non human races supplement). Tons of fun!
As for formatting .... Those hp check boxes are my bane. I think I've formatted them six different ways and never figured out the best way to make them always turn out ok.
I haven't read yours all the way through but I'm digging the barklings. 🙂
Glad to know I'm not the only one that the formatting gods find ire with. And thanks. I couldn't help but throw the barklings in there.

Dimirag nailed it. Troglodytes are now a subspecies of lizardman. So my adventure may be complete gibberish per RAW now, but oh well. It'll all come out in the wash, as grandma used to say.
"My love is my sword."
"If I were you I'd stay away from thoughts like that."
-Dekar and Guy, Lufia II
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Nah, you're fine. The changes are the sort of thing that sages might argue about but normal people don't care.

We'll fix them all up later. For now, these adventures should be judged under 3rd Edition rules.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org