Chrysogon's Coterie - 288 NPCs for your Campaign

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
toddlyons

Re: Chrysogon's Coterie - 288 NPCs for your Campaign

Post by toddlyons »

Solomoriah wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:51 pm I'd prefer to drop the spell, honestly. I personally have never liked the "classic" implementation of that spell, and it's an "advanced" spell anyway.
It's gone as of revision 10.
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

Revision 10 is up featuring some re-writes, corrections, lowercase equipment names, a couple of catches from Leon, and the deletion of Find Familar and.... (sob)..... my cute off-handed reference to a Displacer Kitten.

Yep. I thought it would be fun. Maybe I'll submit it for a Field Guide.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

FG3 still open, plenty of space 8-)
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

chiisu81 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:30 am FG3 still open, plenty of space 8-)
I will write one up then. :D
leon

Post by leon »

On the subject of Level 5 NPCs... Page 44 seems unnecessarily blank.

About Level 6 NPCs...

Pg 55 Hildred Gladwyne: "Hating everything about who she was in her former life but unable to leave it behind, Hildred sought the intervention of Ulfhrafn of Eysteinn., master of magic affecting the memory,. hHe cast his spell Tabula Rasa to wipe away all traces of her past self."

Pg 56 Rovena Wyatte: Are you concerned with modern pop culture references in the text? I guess Chrysogon wouldn't actually write "doing it on hard mode".

Pg 57 Iria Humes: "McGuffins" would be another example.

Pg 59 Gudrun Hallbjorn: I like the rules for determining reacting irrationally to facial hair. You may need to indicate that Gudrun is a female. Presumably her beard does not grow, otherwise I guess she would have attacked herself long ago.

Pg 61 Eardwulf Harlowe: I don't think "Black Bear" should be capitalized. I do think an elf mage that looks like a bear would be interesting to have in an adventuring party.
I solemnly swear to fulfill the game master's oath to the best of my ability and judgment.

EmptyZ Campaign Blog: emptyz.com/blog
Personal Blog: leonatkinson.com
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Don't worry about accidentally-blank pages this early in the layout process. It's just a flow issue. I'll fix them in the final format phase.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

leon wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:37 pm On the subject of Level 5 NPCs... Page 44 seems unnecessarily blank.
Yeah. I'm leaving the formatting to the experts. My attempts to fix things like that are disastrous.
leon wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:37 pm Pg 56 Rovena Wyatte: Are you concerned with modern pop culture references in the text? I guess Chrysogon wouldn't actually write "doing it on hard mode".
That's a good catch; there's probably more. It's an artefact from the point where I didn't know what part he played in the story. These may occur anywhere in the text because it was not written in the order it reads in.

(other fixes made)
leon wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:37 pm Pg 61 Eardwulf Harlowe: I don't think "Black Bear" should be capitalized. I do think an elf mage that looks like a bear would be interesting to have in an adventuring party.
Done, and yeah. He's one of the people I'd like to meet.

Thanks, Leon.
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

Solomoriah wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:27 pm Don't worry about accidentally-blank pages this early in the layout process. It's just a flow issue. I'll fix them in the final format phase.
Absolutely. I'm sticking to text revisions and leaving the formatting and layout to the you and the crew.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Was actually pointing this out for proofers. Flow and gross layout issues are a late-phase issue.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

Revision 11 is now attached to the first message. It corrects some more Style Guide issues and minor errors. Also, thanks Leon! The book found its voice halfway through the writing process, and there are still some traces of that original direction which will be scrubbed away in time.