Foundry VTT - Core Rules content module

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
stew-rt

Foundry VTT - Core Rules content module

Post by stew-rt »

At long last I've published my content module for Foundry VTT.
For use with the Basic Fantasy RPG system , created by orffen.

It provides all content (within the scope of my sanity) from the "Basic Fantasy RPG Core Rules" book:
  • Equipment
  • Weapons
  • Armor & Shields
  • Skills
  • Spells
  • Monsters
This means it can now be installed from within the Foundry software.
I hope someone finds it useful.

https://foundryvtt.com/packages/basicfa ... rerules-en
https://github.com/Stew-rt/basicfantasyrpg-corerules-en
TPFox

Re: Foundry VTT - Core Rules content module

Post by TPFox »

What is Foundry VTT?
stew-rt

Post by stew-rt »

A Virtual Tabletop - Software to play RPGs with other people remotely.
slaberdab

Post by slaberdab »

Hi! I'm just starting to set up a project with this module, and I REALLY like it so far. I was wondering if you knew of a good way to set up random encounter tables that take into consideration the situational monsters. Things like making sure 1 in every 6 kobolds is rolled as a kobold warrior.

I'm messing around with encounters using Monk's Enhanced Journal, but I can't tell if that particular module has any way to do this. If there isn't a solution out there I can always do it manually, but it would be neat if there was some way to set up my encounter tables to do it automatically.
"It's truly, truly been... a very long roundabout path."
Hamish The PolarBear

Post by Hamish The PolarBear »

Hi Stew, I have started working on putting BF1 into FVTT and I have noticed some things that are not yet in your module. I don't know if I have done something wrong or if they are not there for a reason but I am happy to create them as separate compendium folders if you think they would be better put into your project?

I am new to both BFRPG and FVTT but I am learning a lot and keen to help. The things I seem to be missing so far are:

Magic Items (Potions / Rings / Wands, Staves & Rods) and the roll tables for those.

Would it be helpful if I made these and posted them on my Codeberg account or am I missing something / not seeing things because of a FVTT v10 issue?

Thank you for your work on this, it was one of the things that clinched me choosing BFRPG for my newly revived TTRPG life! :D
Hamish The PolarBear

I looked at the Compendia again and there is only one roll table (Spell Effects) so I can add all the GM tables for treasure, wandering monsters etc too.
Boggo

Post by Boggo »

Hamish The PolarBear wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:37 am I looked at the Compendia again and there is only one roll table (Spell Effects) so I can add all the GM tables for treasure, wandering monsters etc too.
these are changing for 4e, info so you can decide on when you want to add them
No matter where you go...there you are
Hamish The PolarBear

I think I am also getting confused between the core module and the content module somewhat. Maybe I will hold off and do them for 4th Edition. It will be nice to have them all input but there is no point in putting all this data in and creating the tables and possibly macros just to have to change it all again later. Thanks for pointing that out!
Boggo

Post by Boggo »

Hamish The PolarBear wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:46 am I think I am also getting confused between the core module and the content module somewhat. Maybe I will hold off and do them for 4th Edition. It will be nice to have them all input but there is no point in putting all this data in and creating the tables and possibly macros just to have to change it all again later. Thanks for pointing that out!
I know that's how I would have felt about it ;)
No matter where you go...there you are