Barrow of Igvol

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Elf_Bait

Re: Barrow of Igvol

Post by Elf_Bait »

Solomoriah wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:26 am I should warn you, development here does run in fits and spurts. We're a volunteer group, after all.
Oh, totally understood.
Elf_Bait

Post by Elf_Bait »

I'll make another pass over it.

Some notes -

The nooks are behind the shields that conceal the skeletons.

There are no stairs to the coffin in the middle of the room. The altar is on a small extension of the ledge.

The only way to get to the coffin is to cross the water, thus the freezing.

The freezing is not designed as a deterrent to the Otyugh. The Otyugh is not difficult to escape, but could catch the party unawares and pose a threat, especially if they are in the middle of dealing with the coffin.
leon

Post by leon »

There are no stairs to the coffin in the middle of the room. The altar is on a small extension of the ledge.
I was confused by "Crude stone stairs descend to the water’s edge; below is a stone offering trough."

The water level is 10' below a 5' wide ledge. The stairs just go from the ledge and down to the water, but don't extend very far towards the coffin in the center of the pool. A stone trough is right at the bottom of stairs?

Although the coffin looks like a boat, it must be on pedestal of stone, right? How deep is the water? Is there any space around the coffin to stand?
I solemnly swear to fulfill the game master's oath to the best of my ability and judgment.

EmptyZ Campaign Blog: emptyz.com/blog
Personal Blog: leonatkinson.com
Elf_Bait

Post by Elf_Bait »

Sadly, I find myself with little time to follow up on this. I haven't abandoned this small contribution but if somebody else wishes to take it and polish it, I'm giving my blessings as I am not sure when i'll be able to come back to it.

-Eli