Terror in Tosasth

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
leon

Re: Terror in Tosasth

Post by leon »

I accept all of that, and it actually does make sense to me to have one way of doing things even if it's arbitrary. Seven started proofing first, and Todd started proofing later. So, we're following tradition. Thanks for the explanation!
I solemnly swear to fulfill the game master's oath to the best of my ability and judgment.

EmptyZ Campaign Blog: emptyz.com/blog
Personal Blog: leonatkinson.com
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

If the rule is consistent, there is less opportunity to offend anyone.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
leon

Post by leon »

Release 9 notes scale and adds a compass to every map.
I solemnly swear to fulfill the game master's oath to the best of my ability and judgment.

Seven

Post by Seven »

Ophin Family Tomb.

1. Hydra statue

"Doom to those who enter the crypt of the family Ophin”

Is that too generic? Are not family members supposed to come here once in a while?
Would it better to curse only "trespassers" or "interlopers"? Or something like that?

Because of the delay in the transformation, it's possible the party is gone when the hydra comes to life. Is it a one way transformation or does it revert to stone eventually?

8. Monsters in a box

"A green glow from Room 6 casts odd shadows on a stone sarcophagus covered in runes."

Is the glow from the orb that players might have smashed? Does it warrant a alternate description in that case? (I haven't checked if the players have to go through room 8 before room 6.)
leon

Post by leon »

These Elven crypts were filled and sealed, never to be opened again. Similarly, there are estates in Tosasth that were sealed up after their owners died, and there are books in the crypts that reference the sealed estates.

The party walking past the statue before it comes to life is what I'm going for. The PCs ignore the warning and a minute later, the statue is between them and the exit.

Yes, the only way to Room 6 is through Room 8. It would take something unusual to destroy the orb first. I think a GM can handle changing the description on the fly if a magic user teleported from Room 5 to Room 7.

leon

Post by leon »

The top post is updated with Release 10.

I've gone over all the monster blocks to add summaries of powers, and I've fixed related styles. I also updated styles for wandering monster tables. All of this expanded the text by several pages and caused me to tweak images.

Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Layout is hell.

:D
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Seven

Post by Seven »

Artalwel Family Tomb

4. Owlbear Statue
"A grinning owlbear statue stands over an Elf grave beyond a 1’ wide crack in the cave wall."
6. Black Carpet
"A thick, smooth carpet spreads out before an Elf grave."
9. Tiger Statues
"Three tiger statues sit guarding an Elf grave."
While I can picture an Elf grave, it probably does not look like what you have in mind here.
An Elf grave is more a concept than a description. Typically, a grave is a place where a body is buried. That can't be seen. Maybe you should describe some kind of grave marker instead or a mound or both.

8. Giant Scorpions

"The far side of this large cavern is clogged with boulder that descend into passages both left and right."

Should probably be "boulders". Also it sounds like the boulders are moving. Is it the passages that descent?

10. Hydra Statue

You have an entry for Graves here which should probably be made earlier. It doesn't address the fact that black box text should be descriptive.
leon

Post by leon »

Release 11 is up on the top post. I moved the paragraphs explaining how the Elf graves look and behave to the front of each of the tomb adventures. ("Unless noted otherwise, Elven graves are piles of stone..."). I also added "(shown as boxed text)" after the comment about the spirit making a statement before disappearing. And I made boulders plural.

Thanks for your continuing feedback!

leon

Post by leon »

Release 12 is up on the top post. I added a dynamic table of contents listing every "MainHeading" header. I switched headers over maps to be SubHeading because including them in the table of contents seemed excessive.