Monster creations

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
JohnnyFosso

New Monsters: Kappas and Suikos

Post by JohnnyFosso »

Hello everyone,

I recently applied stats to some Japanese and Chinese folklore monsters Kappas and Suikos, with Suikos being the bosses of Kappas to stay true to the lore.

I saw that in the Chelonian in the New Races supplement used to called a Kappa but did not see anything in the monster list (Mainly referencing the Basic Fantasy Creature List)

Any thoughts? I'm mainly concerned whether or not I gave them too much/ too little damage or misinterpreted a rule or something.
Attachments
kappas_and_suikos_r1.odt
(31.01 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
kappas_and_suikos_r1.pdf
(32.87 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
chiisu81

Monster creations

Post by chiisu81 »

As the FG3 thread is now closed, please use this thread to post your monster creations.
miqued

Re: Monster creations

Post by miqued »

I made this awhile ago and posted it on other socials, but this is a monster based on Teletubbies.

Mesmerbelly

AC 14
HD 1*-4*
No. of Attacks 1 club
Damage 1d6 Club
Movement 30
No. Appearing 4
Save As: Fighter 1-4
Morale: 10
Treasure Type: None
XP: 1HD 37, 2HD 100, 3HD 175, 4HD 280

Mesmerbellies are fey spirits that seize the souls of toddlers that meet an untimely end, manifesting in a corporeal form. They range in size from 5 to 8 feet tall, and they resemble fleece-covered humanoids with an odd-shaped antenna on their heads and a plain gray-colored square on their bellies. They vary in color, but no two mesmerbellies in a group are the same.

In a group of mesmerbellies, the one with the lowest Hit Dice count will attempt to mesmerize their victims, showing cherished memories of the toddler's spirit they hijacked. Anyone within 30 feet who can see the mesmerbelly's belly must save vs. Spells or be utterly mesmerized as the gray square becomes like a television screen. The save may be repeated each round. While the victims are mesmerized, the remaining mesmerbellies will viciously club them to death. Cutting off a mesmerbelly's antenna renders it unable to use its mesmerizing ability.
Mique D.
https://liquidmiqued.substack.com
MeWe: Mique D
JoCool

Post by JoCool »

All I could find in document searches for Basic Fantasy for Sidhe was a Cu-Sidhe (a fey hound) in a field guide.
Has anyone suggested a Sidhe [shee] as a monster for Basic Fantasy? I love the idea of these evil fey. The mythology I have heard on them is very dark and mysterious.
=====*=====
JoCool's Sketches > viewtopic.php?t=4612
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

I think all fey related creatures could be cast as "evil" or adversarily. Fauns/Ibex can go that way, phantoms, or even just random pixie types.

One of my favorite adventures was a ghost ship, that was really inhabited by a crazed dryad ( they used her tree as the main sail beam).
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Boggo

Post by Boggo »

SmootRK wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:51 pm I think all fey related creatures could be cast as "evil" or adversarily. Fauns/Ibex can go that way, phantoms, or even just random pixie types.

One of my favorite adventures was a ghost ship, that was really inhabited by a crazed dream ( they used her tree as the main sail beam).
dryad?
No matter where you go...there you are
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Boggo wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:13 pm dryad?
Yes. Damn auto-correct. Did not notice it changed.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Boggo

Post by Boggo »

SmootRK wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:46 am
Boggo wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:13 pm dryad?
Yes. Damn auto-correct. Did not notice it changed.
though to be honest, a sentient dream would be just as cool, and equally as Fae
No matter where you go...there you are
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

New Sig: "Is it really the end, not some crazy dryad?" :D
miqued

Post by miqued »

The Wayai Otter

AC: 16
HD: 8
No. of Attacks: 2 punches
Damage: 4d4 punch
Movement: 20 (40 Swim)
No. Appearing: 1
Save as: Fighter 8
Morale: 10
Treasure Type: None
XP: 875

The Wayai Otter is a beefcaked otter, an otter of Popeye proportions, post spinach consumption. It is not the cute water puppy that normal otters are. If it sees you enjoying its waters, it must put an end to such nonsense, and will approach with its chest puffed out and head held high. This otter is the size of a dwarf with biceps the size and explosive force of powder kegs.

The Wayai Otter is sometimes (1-2 on 1d6) found in the wild with Giant Otters and will always be found in a Giant Otter lair, and it regards all otters, giant or otherwise, as allies. All Otters within sight of the Wayai Otter gain a +1 bonus to Morale while it lives.

Edited to add last paragraph and boost stats
Last edited by miqued on Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mique D.
https://liquidmiqued.substack.com
MeWe: Mique D