The Rampage of the Kobolds

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Pirate GM13

The Rampage of the Kobolds

Post by Pirate GM13 »

This used to be where my anthology, Emerald Guard, was to be developed, but then I decided to work at it one adventure at a time. So here is the first adventure for it, known as the Rampage of the Kobolds!
This adventure contains a small dungeon, a still non existent town, and a lot of things to be fixed. Hope you enjoy :lol:
Attachments
The-Rampage-of-the-Kobolds-r4.odt
(305.86 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
The-Rampage-of-the-Kobolds-r4.pdf
(395.14 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
Last edited by Pirate GM13 on Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
Is it the dice against you or you against the dice?
AlMan

Re: The Emerald Guard

Post by AlMan »

Nice start to an adventure. I will start an editing pass soon.

I do have a question about the AC for the Guards, how did you arrive at 12 (14)? In the Core Rules page 11 there is a list of armors including; Leather AC 13; Chain Mail AC 15; and Plate AC 17. If the Guard is using a shield then the AC would be +1 to the above numbers. For Human NPCs we will sometimes include a list of items carried including armor, weapons, money, gems, jewels, or magic items (potions, scrolls, wands, etc.). It helps us when we have to figure AC. You are already correct in having the merchants at AC 11.

Also with the speaking rock, I have an idea, if you don't mind, the rock needs a code word response or it will sound an alarm and alert the Kobolds in the cave. If the party is really smart they can watch the cave for any Kobolds going in and find out the code word or if they just charge in the party has the surprise.

Its a good start and I look forward to seeing more from you.
Pirate GM13

Post by Pirate GM13 »

AlMan wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:24 am Nice start to an adventure. I will start an editing pass soon.

I do have a question about the AC for the Guards, how did you arrive at 12 (14)? In the Core Rules page 11 there is a list of armors including; Leather AC 13; Chain Mail AC 15; and Plate AC 17. If the Guard is using a shield then the AC would be +1 to the above numbers. For Human NPCs we will sometimes include a list of items carried including armor, weapons, money, gems, jewels, or magic items (potions, scrolls, wands, etc.). It helps us when we have to figure AC. You are already correct in having the merchants at AC 11.

Also with the speaking rock, I have an idea, if you don't mind, the rock needs a code word response or it will sound an alarm and alert the Kobolds in the cave. If the party is really smart they can watch the cave for any Kobolds going in and find out the code word or if they just charge in the party has the surprise.

Its a good start and I look forward to seeing more from you.
I figured the guards would have some form of extra dexterity but I can change it if you like.
Also, the password sounds like a great idea! Thanks for the inspiration/idea / tip.
Pirate GM13

Post by Pirate GM13 »

Alright, just uploaded R2.
What's new:
The guards' Ac has been fixed.
A new merchant caravan has been added
The Kobold Cave is now complete with the monster hitboxes and 4 rooms
The friendly rock is now a sentry rock
Added the description of the next adventure to come
Next Release:
Add the next adventure
Fix up any mistakes you guys spot (I may have misspelled a couple of merchant names, if I have please correct me 8-) )
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

If you are applying ability bonuses (or penalties) to NPCs, you should list at least the non-average abilities in a line between the combat stats and the checkboxes, above any equipment block if you have one.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Pirate GM13

Post by Pirate GM13 »

Solomoriah wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:42 am If you are applying ability bonuses (or penalties) to NPCs, you should list at least the non-average abilities in a line between the combat stats and the checkboxes, above any equipment block if you have one.
Ok sure :)
Pirate GM13

Post by Pirate GM13 »

Actually, I think, I will dissolve the Emerald Guard into standalone adventures, which will make my life a lot easier if I can focus on one adventure and constantly work on it. One day I may collect them into some sort of module or anthology if they haven't been swooped up for the 4th adventure Anthology.
Does anyone know how to change the title of a topic?
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

If you edit the first post it should update the title there.
Feel free to work on your entries at your own pace; whether they end up together or in AA4 can be determined far later on. AA4 won't begin even its initial collection/release for quite awhile.
Pirate GM13

Re: The Rampage of the Kobolds (BFRPG Adv.)

Post by Pirate GM13 »

Alright, the adventure has been uploaded onto the first post.
Does anyone see one of the probably 300 mistakes I made? (including spelling errors, grammar errors, missed concepts, terrible explanations, etc.)
chiisu81

Re: The Rampage of the Kobolds (BFRPG Adv.)

Post by chiisu81 »

I'll work on an editing pass this morning.