The Fortress of Fire (Adventure Draft)

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
elmarcotote123

Re: The Fortress of Fire (Adventure Draft)

Post Wed May 19, 2021 3:50 pm

chiisu81 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:19 pm Ok here's r1 in our standard format. I'm leaving the original document in the first post for the time being.
I've made a number of small edits; there's a number of comments that will need to be addressed before r2 is completed.
Dang that looks good! But yeah, bits like advantage and disadvantage + sight checks and stuff like that have to go to be as RAW for BFRPG as possible.
Dimirag

Post Wed May 19, 2021 4:07 pm

Not entirely, if you feel a new rule is needed, add it, but, make sure to explain how such new rule works.

For sight checks use the same type of roll than when searching traps or a variation of such, for "critical" results ask for a second roll for those that succeeded the first roll, this new roll could be a flat 1 in 6 chances (or in 10, making it the same as rolling 19-20 on a d20).
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
elmarcotote123

Post Wed May 19, 2021 4:10 pm

Dimirag wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:07 pm Not entirely, if you feel a new rule is needed, add it, but, make sure to explain how such new rule works.

For sight checks use the same type of roll than when searching traps or a variation of such, for "critical" results ask for a second roll for those that succeeded the first roll, this new roll could be a flat 1 in 6 chances (or in 10, making it the same as rolling 19-20 on a d20).
Oh right the 1-6 chance, forgot about that. I also think giving the torch-wielding players +4 in Attack Rolls/Ability Rolls and having the bugs get a -4 on Attack Rolls should work out just as well (maybe give a punishing -4 to the bug's Saving Throws as well for good measure).
GrimlinJoe

Post Thu May 20, 2021 11:22 am

elmarcotote123 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:45 pm Afternoon! I just finished this one-shot (rolled randomly using the BFRPG Rules adventure generation)
I had a question about this reference. Where might someone find the rules for adventure generation?
chiisu81

Post Thu May 20, 2021 1:59 pm

(not OP)
Possibly the Dungeon Room Generator (and the other tools) on our Tools page
GrimlinJoe

Post Thu May 20, 2021 2:06 pm

chiisu81 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 1:59 pm (not OP)
Thank you I will give that a look
elmarcotote123

Post Thu May 20, 2021 2:33 pm

GrimlinJoe wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:06 pm
chiisu81 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 1:59 pm (not OP)
Thank you I will give that a look
Sorry for taking so long to respond, juggling the map design and work stuff :lol: my method was the following:

Roll 1d6 for Adventure Type, Roll 1d9 for Biome, Roll 2d8 thrice for encounters (re-roll on repeats), Roll 1d15 for Treasure Table (or 1d4 if you only want the upper results), keep magical items as if you rolled for them (and roll for their exact type of magical item). Afterward, I just start making up a three arc story structure with NPCs, motivations and setting in accordance to the stuff I rolled.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post Thu May 20, 2021 7:00 pm

The dungeon room generator on the Tools page is based directly on the dungeon design part of the Core Rules.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
elmarcotote123

Post Thu May 20, 2021 7:58 pm

Afternoon everyone, I just finished the Player and DM Hex map for the adventure area as well as the explanation for the icons (not in the font but I'll check that soon enough) as well as the Dungeon for the Fortress of Fire dungeon. I'm still working on the random encounter tables for the respective biomes (and the descriptions for the special landmarks). While not a map of the city, I am however in the middle of designing a continuation dungeon for the Fortress of Fire bit, located in the Temple itself.
Attachments
DUNGEON 2.JPG
DUNGEON 2.JPG (519.91 KiB) Viewed 222 times
DM Hex Map.jpg
DM Hex Map.jpg (2.94 MiB) Viewed 222 times
Player Hex Map.jpg
Player Hex Map.jpg (2.84 MiB) Viewed 222 times
elmarcotote123

Post Thu May 20, 2021 8:00 pm

Here's the icon explanation bit, the enemy icon I added in because I thought it would make for amazing compatibility with previous modules such as the Chaotic Caves, namely the Cave Dungeons, as way for DMs to hack the Hex Map with other BFRPG material.

I'm also going over the formatted file, to see how I can optimize page count. Hopefully I'll get most of that done by the weekend if not the mid-part of next week.

1. Setting description (main city/landmarks/fishing town)
2. Hex Maps + Random Encounter Tables (and special landmark explanations).
3. Adventures (1 [optional up to DM/proving the party's worth to go to the Fortress of Fire], 2 [Fortress of Fire] and 3 [Reclaiming the Temple]).
Attachments
Nomenclature2.jpg
Nomenclature2.jpg (937.72 KiB) Viewed 222 times