Hexcrawl Procedures Supplement

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Calcifer23

Re: Hexcrawl procedures?

Post by Calcifer23 »

Hey all, I compiled all of the tables into one odt / pdf for myself. Not official or anything but here it is if anyone wants it. :D
If I find myself using the suppliment often, I will make a DM screen for my own use for sure.
Attachments
BFRPG-Hexcrawl-Adventures-Tables-Only-r1.odt
(26.8 KiB) Downloaded 339 times
BFRPG-Hexcrawl-Adventures-Tables-Only-r1.pdf
(107.53 KiB) Downloaded 515 times
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

Calcifer23 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:16 pm Hey all, I compiled all of the tables into one odt / pdf for myself. Not official or anything but here it is if anyone wants it. :D
If I find myself using the suppliment often, I will make a DM screen for my own use for sure.
Thank you very much Calcifer! I am not ableto add more than 3 attachements to my first post of this thread so I updated the "Thread Index" to reference your uploads on this page.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I replaced your page numbers with direct post links
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

Wow thanks!
billiambabble

Hexcrawl procedures query

Post by billiambabble »

I'm really enjoying browsing through Revision 16 of the Hexcrawl Procedures.
Apologies if this has already been covered, I'm having trouble seeing every page or even posting a reply on the "Hexcrawl procedures?" thread - it might be just a Safari/ipad issue.

I'm thinking about totally random crawls here. When exploring any Wilderness from starting in a settlement, are there ways *within the game reality* to justify why it's a blank map or open table, i.e. it being totally unknown to the players? Surely townsfolk would know of nearby settlements and already be trading with them? Maybe there would be an awareness of a direction in which there are castles, mountain range or river? Are there campaign backgrounds DMs use to set-up the exploration of the totally unknown?
Last edited by billiambabble on Tue May 11, 2021 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dimirag

Hexcrawl procedures query

Post by Dimirag »

It seems that thread is broken (I'm using firefox)

Solo: Did the goblins or your golems mess something up in today's cleaning?
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
CptClyde

Re: Hexcrawl procedures query

Post by CptClyde »

I had the same issue in the play by post threads but just game up trying lol.
As for the question concerning blank map: that is left up to the GM. you could easily define as much of the map as you wish ahead of time, including pre-defined dungeon locations, adventure modules etc.
Personally I start with a blank map for solo and group play. The setting background is generally "there was long ago a very prosperous empire in the land, which covered the landscape with towns and settlements. But that golden age seeming quickly declined relegating it to the mists of legend. More recent generational memory tells of this town being a self sufficient frontier settlement far from its kingdom. Grand parents tell of an old single road leading South back to the nearest kingdom settlement but it has fallen out of use as the kingdom was fell to the hoards and in fighting. This city/town has not received word from any other settlements for years and it's self sustaining nature has allowed the residents to live their lives as before. There has been little need to venture very far (beyond the 10km hex it resides in) since it is almost certain death in the wilderness. However a change in rulership has prompted the proposed bounty of coin and reputation for brave souls willing to map the wilderness, find trading partners, historical sites/treasures such as dungeons and ruins, or natural resources." Depending on your preferences, the settlements you find can either be nomadic tribes of natives, or full fledged permanent self sustained settlements who were also left on their own after the fall of the last kingdom.
Bottom line is, do with it what you like! Hope that helps.
Calcifer23

Re: Hexcrawl Procedures Supplement

Post by Calcifer23 »

Working on something you solo hexcrawlers might be interested in! I wanted everything needed to play one two sheets of paper more or less, any thoughts on the sheet on the left? Don't mind my crappy printer cutting an edge off :?

Camp tasks and watch schedule is something from a S&W game I've been playing in, and theres room for lots more!

If I find much more useful things to replace the map with, I'll do that and keep it on its own sheet.
Attachments
PXL_20210523_172305487.jpg
PXL_20210523_172305487.jpg (3.65 MiB) Viewed 5381 times
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

Looking good!
Calcifer23

Post by Calcifer23 »

Updates to the 6-member sheet!

The main addition is the hexcrawl adventure "main sheet" i created for my solo play. Obviously still W.I.P. but it worked well in my test plays! Any input on what you'd like on the sheet would be appreciated :)

The errant whitespace on the right bugs me too dont worry, I'll fix it next revision. xD
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-05-24 154114.jpg
Screenshot 2021-05-24 154114.jpg (145.97 KiB) Viewed 5348 times
Hexcrawl-Adventure-Party-Sheet-r1.pdf
(1.62 MiB) Downloaded 793 times