Custom Campaign World Maerysia

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
JennChant

Custom Campaign World Maerysia

Post by JennChant »

So, as promised on FB, some time ago, here are some of the basics for the custom campaign world I'm working on. I've got the basic world with a hex grid (with and with out #'s) and a blowup of my campaign area with the hex drilled down to 50 miles. I don't have a write up on the major human kingdom yet as that will probably be developed in play as I plan to start the players in BFE and let them explore organically. I've included the primary pantheon of the world as it does give some insight into the nature of the world :) I've also got the basic map of Orst as a capitol city. In T&T games I just start folks there and let them head straight to a dungeon. As I develop it more I will post info here if there's any interest :)
Attachments
Faith Sheet.pdf
(94.4 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
Maerysia.png
Maerysia.png (1.13 MiB) Viewed 3132 times
Campaign Area.png
Campaign Area.png (441.36 KiB) Viewed 3132 times
JennChant

Re: Custom Campaign World Maerysia

Post by JennChant »

Here's the city of Orst as the system wouldn't let me do a fourth attachment :)
Attachments
Orst The Capitol Human City.png
Orst The Capitol Human City.png (20.76 MiB) Viewed 3131 times
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Nice job

Note: Post moved to the Workshop as it contains shared material.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
santrix

Post by santrix »

Anyone who takes the time and effort to create a new world for their campaign from the ground up always gets my respect. As someone who has done this already, start now by organising your notes electronically.. trust me it will be better in the long run.. hyperlinks are your friend.
JennChant

Post by JennChant »

I forgot to post the custom calendar I worked out for the world. Since the primary creator gods of the world are STILL blind drunk they made the math simple for the calendar, 12 months, 30 days per month with 6 weeks and 5 days per week. Each month is named after the deity who nominally has their yearly holy days in that month. Where applicable they roughly mirror our ideas like the month of Orrak would have our Halloween in it... they fear that holy day a wee bit more than we do though... The two moon lunar cycle is also WAY simplistic because the drunk gods (and the GM, who's sober) didn't want the hassle. It's incomplete at this point as I don't have all the high holy days outlined for all the faiths in it but I'll get there eventually.
Attachments
Calendar.pdf
(85.94 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

This is a really considerate amount of work, very nice 8-) I really like the city map!
JennChant

Post by JennChant »

I'm still around and still working on my custom world as my ADHD allows :) I recently poked at the HTML code in the fractal world generator I used to make my world and discovered an EASY config setting to edit and doubled the size in pixels of my map so I'm working on updating that and I may post it here when I get it up to where it was before if there's interest. Also I've begun to outline a few custom races for my world. Starting with the Desert Elf and continuing as inspiration and ADHD allows.
Attachments
BF-Desert-Elves-r1.odt
(40.98 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
BF-Desert-Elves-r1.pdf
(111.77 KiB) Downloaded 87 times