The Crypt of Baylor

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
chiisu81

Re: [AA4] The Crypt of Baylor

Post by chiisu81 »

Here's r3
Attachments
The-Crypt-of-Baylor-r3.odt
(1.51 MiB) Downloaded 186 times
The-Crypt-of-Baylor-r3.pdf
(966.87 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
santrix

Post by santrix »

Wow, i just got back to this thread, been super busy with work and what a community.. i'll take a closer look over the next week or so.
Seven

Post by Seven »

Same here. I hate to review something over weeks like that.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Hopefully I've done justice to your work with my edits. If anything was changed too far away from your intentions just let us know and we'll work up a better alternative.
santrix

Post by santrix »

It's all good I was just going through it. I find myself in a bit of a quandary, of when to use numerical numbers and when to use words, what's the guidance?

Am also re-working the map to show more placeables.
Edit: reworked map and added.
Edit: Im going to go with using words for numbers except; anything to do with game mechanics and outcomes.
Attachments
The-Crypt-of-Baylor-r4.odt
(743.25 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
santrix

Post by santrix »

Made changes to numbering and reworked some descriptions.
Attachments
The-Crypt-of-Baylor-r5.odt
(742.63 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

santrix wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:03 am It's all good I was just going through it. I find myself in a bit of a quandary, of when to use numerical numbers and when to use words, what's the guidance?
Edit: Im going to go with using words for numbers except; anything to do with game mechanics and outcomes.
That's pretty much how I do it, and what's in the style guide 8-)
Really nice to see continued development on this adventure!
Seven

Post by Seven »

Yes. Overall, I like it well enough.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Regarding writing numbers: In general, in boxed or descriptive text, write out every word. Not only do we not use numerals, we don't use abbreviations unless they are meant to be pronounced as written. So don't write "Dr.", write "Doctor." No "Mr.", but "Mister". The abbreviations aren't standard worldwide even when you limit the range to English, and can lead to confusion.

As an aside... I read a novel years ago set in a near-future era where equality has led to formalisms being modified. One of those things was the replacement of "Mr.", "Mrs.", "Miss", and "Ms." (all of which I know how to pronounce) being replaced with "M." and as a Midwestern American I have NO IDEA how to pronounce that. Reading the book when characters were being introduced formally (happened a lot, the story involved diplomats) was like reading speed bumps. Every time I hit "M. Smith" and "M. Jones" and whatnot my brain was jarred. I still to this day (decades later) have NO idea what word was being shortened there.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

"m'person" *tips anachronistic fedora*

Edit: Basically Ma Smith, Ma Jones, phonetically. Though I couldn't resist a meme post :( I am weak.