Italian Translations

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
zeruhur

Italian Translations

Post by zeruhur »

The release of the Core Rules in Italian last November sparked the curiosity of the Italian community and the time seems ripe to extend the translation work to other volumes.
Currently under the coordination of reshaim (who has already edited the current edition), we are updating the current Italian r75 to r107. The work is well underway and has already entered the proofing phase.

In parallel to this, we have taken charge of the translation of these volumes / supplements:
- Beginner's Essentials (completed, in the proofing phase, soon I will upload it in the appropriate thread)
- BF1 (in progress)
- Field Guide
- Races Supplements (completed, need proofing)
- Classes Supplements (completed for the most part, need proofing)
- Sentient Weapons
- Thief Options
- Magic-User Options
- Almost Classes

The team brings together more than me and reshaim: Fabio_MP, Gazar, LordPersi and scatolettarossa.

I'm not sure I posted this in the correct section, in case I apologize.
We would like to use this thread to share the progress of the work and upload the related files.
Qoob

Re: Italian Translations

Post by Qoob »

I'll gladly join the team!

LordPersi let me know of this project and I can't wait to help out.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I'll allow this thread to stand for the moment, but by the rules there should be actual game materials in the thread or linked from the thread. Otherwise it's just a discussion.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Hey, a comment for the team... I pulled all the items out of your "Release Ready" folder for publication, but the Assassins supplement is R5-it1, which is already on the website. Was it supposed to be -it2, or is it the same file that just didn't get removed from "Release Ready" when I posted it?
Buffalmacco

Post by Buffalmacco »

Hello everyone,

I just registered. Me and a colleague of mine would like to take care of the remaining supplements to be translated into Italian. I was wondering if this is the right topic to talk about it.

- Buffalmacco da Staggia
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Yes, this is fine. Are any of the previous Italian translators still here?
Buffalmacco

Post by Buffalmacco »

Hello!

Since none of the previous Italian translators showed up, can I take a couple of adventure modules for me and my colleague to translate (meaning, any of those not listed in the previous translators' list)?

Also, since we're doing this to enhance our translation portfolio, I'd like to be sure our names will appear in the initial credits, won't they?

- Buffalmacco
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Yes, your name will appear in the credits. There should be a "Translator" credit on all translated documents, listing translators in the order of their appearance (i.e. whoever joins first gets named first) and alphabetical among those who join together. Look at existing translations for guidance, and try to maintain consistency.

Please take on one document at a time, if you don't mind; I'd prefer slower work with more review (multiple translators checking each other's work) rather than rushing a bunch out at once.
Buffalmacco

Post by Buffalmacco »

Very well. Thank you.

Then, I'd like to take on Morgansfort. We'll be posting updates on this translation in this thread.

- Buffalmacco