Boosted Classes

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
toddlyons

Re: Boosted Classes

Post Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:54 am

This is like the series CptClyde is doing on YouTube. There was a clockmaker, a gutter cleaner, etc. It was really intriguing to watch that process, and see who managed to survive the initial adventuring in order to graduate up from commoner to an actual adventurer class.
READ ME SOMEWHERE
Leave the present behind and escape to another place, another time, a different frame of mind.
CptClyde

Post Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:39 am

There is indeed something magical about watching fictional characters start from nothing and watch the progress as they grow into mighty heroes. Also makes it more heartbreaking when if they die lol. No other game has caused me to have to call a break in the middle of a session to just sit quietly and process through the loss.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... xPXOrFlSQk
Brimstone

Post Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:32 am

PendragonTX wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:07 pm What I've been doing for years, both for starter-levels, and for inserting PCs into existing higher level games, is this: pick an appropriate level, give them all they should have at that level including appropriate magic and unspent loot. Do NOT give them any xps. They are, so to speak, "buying on credit". They earn xps normally, eventually catch up, and take a pass on magic until they are caught up.
It reduces the "massacre rating", while making sure the players feel they have *earned* everything.
Quick question? How does Multi-Classing work doing this? Or do you allow players to Multi-Class?