AA2.5 Night of the Necromancer

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

AA2.5 Night of the Necromancer

Post Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:10 pm

Post your comments here for Ray Allen's Night of the Necromancer module.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
maddog

Re: AA2.5 Night of the Necromancer

Post Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:25 pm

Solo,

If Metroknight makes huge changes to it, he should be added as an author.

--Ray.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:45 pm

That's what I was thinking too. I'd have asked you first; this saves me the trouble. Thanks!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
dymondy2k

Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:36 am

Jut read through this.. without giving anything away.. this one looks intense! Not often that you can convey such a sense of life and death...
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Metroknight

Post Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:24 pm

I've changed certain events and info in the game so far for my game.

I added a logging camp that came under attack that the players were visiting. One of the player characters is a druid so this character was chastising the loggers for their stripping of the forest. This character and the elves of the group are trying to convince the loggers to stop what they are doing and look into another industry.

I'm changing other things but I can't speak of them here because I have a few of my group lurk here to read up on stuff.
Knights of the Written Word 2 is group that is focused on text based gaming on roll20.
dymondy2k

Post Mon May 28, 2012 12:18 pm

I just started this one with my players..and I was right, the night of the attacks on the town was intense and heart pounding. Using the scale of the map there was just no way for the players to be everywhere at once and even with a cleric who was turning undead left and right, alot of townspeople still died.
The Dragonclaw Barony
maddog

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:51 am

Wow! It's nice to see two play tests happening with this one. Keep good notes and don't be afraid to edit the original as the dungeon needed some work, IMO. :)

--Ray.
dymondy2k

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:37 am

Will do.. am hoping to run the rest this weekend.. they are resting at the hotel before investigating the graveyard the next day..
The Dragonclaw Barony
dymondy2k

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:37 am

OK in the better late than never category I was finally able to finish this module with my players.

The adventure in the town:
http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/ ... e-of-stull

Day one in the lair:
http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/ ... tull-day-2

Day two in the lair:
http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/ ... tull-day-3

Well here is the biggest issue I found with this adventure. There is no Room 11 on the map, even though there is a room reference in the adventure. :D I just ignored it because it wasn't a room that revealed any big plot secrets..

My other concern is this, and maybe its just me, but I found I had a hard time conveying the background story of this adventure to the players. The Necromancers background, his history with the town was just difficult to work into the adventure so the players would understand the deeper meaning of why they were there. It kinda just came off as 'must stop the bad guy from destroying the town'. I found a loophole when one of the apprentices failed his morale check and surrendered (it was the decent guy Garrett). I allowed my players to question him and when they did I filled in a bit of the back story of why Thaen was there. Anyways not sure if this was the adventure or the way I ran it..
The Dragonclaw Barony