KH1 The Blackapple Brugh

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Bumblepig

Re: KH1 The Blackapple Brugh

Post by Bumblepig »

Solomoriah wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:10 am Chi, is this solid enough for a print release? And bumble, are you ready for that?
All my latest changes have been incorporated into r13, which is the version Chi's been updating. So yeah, I'm happy to see it move forward to a print candidate!
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Working on r14, a few small statblock corrections so far.
Bumblepig

Post by Bumblepig »

Thanks!
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Happy to help 8-) r14 in Projects, ready for the Downloads page, and should be ready for Print Release Candidate stage.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Announcing!

KH1 The Blackapple Brugh, Release 14 -- January 15, 2021
James Lemon has made a few more corrections to this adventure, and it's looking really good. This is a print release candidate... if no issues are found in the next two weeks or so, I plan to get it into print!

https://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html#kh1
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Bumblepig

Post by Bumblepig »

Awww yeahhhhhh!!!!

Thank you, it'll be great to see it in print.
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Here are my edits to The Blackapple Brough. I'll add R15 to the drop box folder.

Double space between sentences. There were some with one and some with two. Using two for consistency.

Page 1 – Introduction – Paragraph 2
Space between comma and next word.
Was:
Some of the creatures used are found in the Basic Fantasy Field Guides, Volumes 1 and 3,which are also available for free from the website.
Changed to:
Some of the creatures used are found in the Basic Fantasy Field Guides, Volumes 1 and 3, which are also available for free from the website.

Page 3 – Wereboar – Description
Was:
In the wereboar's lair (a nearby hut in the woods) is 2,289 cp and 3 gems: a phenalope worth 50 gp, an amethyst worth 100 gp, and a large topaz worth 200 gp.
Changed to:
In the wereboar's lair (a nearby hut in the woods) are 2,289 cp and 3 gems: a phenalope worth 50 gp, an amethyst worth 100 gp, and a large topaz worth 200 gp.

Page 3 – Wild Dogs – Stat Block
Basic Fantasy Core Rules page 73 have AC for dogs at 14.
Was:
AC: 15
Changed to:
AC: 14

Page 4 – Boar – Stat Block
Basic Fantasy Core Rules page 66 MV for boar includes turning radius.
Was:
Mv 50', Sv F3
Changed to:
Mv 50' (10’), Sv F3

Page 4 – Giant Hawk – Stat Block
Basic Fantasy Core Rules page 110 MV for giant hawk includes turning radius and no number for ground movement.
Was:
Mv 10' Fly 150', Sv F4
Changed to:
Mv Fly 150' (10’), Sv F4

Page 4 – Wild Dog Lair – Paragraph 2
Change numbering to match the numbering on page 19.
Was:
The dogs are actually locals, having been persuaded by the cu-sidhe (a kind of “fairy dog”) of Faehill (B15) to harass the Blackapplers.
Changed to:
The dogs are actually locals, having been persuaded by the cu-sidhe (a kind of “fairy dog”) of Faehill (B14) to harass the Blackapplers.

Page 8 – Tenpenny Wood – Paragraph 3
Was:
Anyone spending more than a few minutes near a glowwood tree will be beset 1d10 stirges seeking to drive away the intruders.
Changed to:
Anyone spending more than a few minutes near a glowwood tree will be beset by 1d10 stirges seeking to drive away the intruders.

Page 10 and 11 – Random Encounters in Blackapple – All the rumors
Justified the paragraphs.

Page 11 – Rumors – List of rumors
List started at 2, reset to start at 1.

Page 12 – Berserker Juice – Paragraph 1
Inserted non-breaking space between the minus sign and the number 2, this brought the minus sign down so it doesn’t get lost while reading. After and in the second sentence added “the imbiber”.
Was:
but suffers a penalty of -2 to armor class. 10 rounds after drinking Berserker Juice, the rage ends and becomes fatigued for an hour.
Changed to:
but suffers a penalty of - 2 to armor class. 10 rounds after drinking Berserker Juice, the rage ends and the imbiber becomes fatigued for an hour.

Page 13 – Right Rain – Paragraph 1
Was:
This clear, tasteless liquid immediately cures one of 1 hit point of damage.
Changed to:
This clear, tasteless liquid immediately cures 1 hit point of damage.

Page 19 – Billy Blurtweed (Brownie) – Stat block
Was:
AC 19 (also invisible),
Changed to:
AC 19‡ (also invisible),

Page 20 – Lady Figwort – Paragraph 2
Was:
In the contents of her jewelry box in her bed-chamber are worth 120 gp.
Changed to:
The contents of her jewelry box in her bed-chamber are worth 120 gp.

Page 21 – Mirror Portal at Figwort Manor - 2nd Boxed Text
Was:
And open door in the background shows a hallway beyond, also empty.
Changed to:
An open door in the background shows a hallway beyond, also empty.

Page 22 – Entering or Exiting the Brugh – Paragraph 2
Was:
Anyone attempting physically disturb (e.g. dig into) the Faehill to reach the Brugh will be cursed in one of the following (roll 1d4):
Changed to:
Anyone attempting to physically disturb (e.g. dig into) the Faehill to reach the Brugh will be cursed in one of the following ways (roll 1d4):

Page 29 – Ballroom – Boxed Text 3
Was:
The are all making noise after their fashion, and the meowing, barking, braying, bellowing, mooing, bleating, and honking is truly something to experience.
Changed to:
The animals are all making noise after their fashion, and the meowing, barking, braying, bellowing, mooing, bleating, and honking is truly something to experience.

Page 29 – Donkey – Stat Block
Added turning radius to match the Core Rules.
Was:
Mv 40’
Changed to:
Mv 40’ (10’)

Page 29 – Elk – Stat Block
Added turning radius to match the Core Rules.
Was:
Mv 80’
Changed to:
Mv 80’ (10’)

Page 29 – Goose – Stat Block
Added turning radius to match the Equipment Emporium.
Was:
Mv 10’ Fly 150',
Changed to:
Mv 10’ Fly 150' (10’),
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

I still have some questions and comments for The Blackapple Brough some may need to be addressed by Solo.

Should the paragraphs following the Wandering Monster blocks be justified?

On Page 13 is Right Rain supposed to be Right-As-Rain?

Page 16 – CS2 The Dark Temple is mentioned but isn’t in the list of resources on the license page.

Pages 18 – 20 the headings under the “Figwort Manor” are modified Body Text. The header at the end of page 19 needs to be pushed to page 20 so it is with the corresponding text.

Pages 22 and 23 – The section called “Denizen's of the Braugh” the subheadings here are not consistent some are listed as Map Key Header and others look like they are a modified Body Text.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

AlMan wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:53 pm I still have some questions and comments for The Blackapple Brough some may need to be addressed by Solo.

Should the paragraphs following the Wandering Monster blocks be justified?
Running text that is part of a monster block is generally not justified, so it's fine as is.
AlMan wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:53 pm On Page 13 is Right Rain supposed to be Right-As-Rain?
Deferring to the author.
AlMan wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:53 pm Page 16 – CS2 The Dark Temple is mentioned but isn’t in the list of resources on the license page.
Hmm. Using just the name doesn't seem significant, but by the letter of the law I suppose it should be in the copyright section. I'll take care of that.
AlMan wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:53 pm Pages 18 – 20 the headings under the “Figwort Manor” are modified Body Text. The header at the end of page 19 needs to be pushed to page 20 so it is with the corresponding text.
I'll look at these.
AlMan wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:53 pm Pages 22 and 23 – The section called “Denizen's of the Braugh” the subheadings here are not consistent some are listed as Map Key Header and others look like they are a modified Body Text.
And these.

I'll get a fresh R15 uploaded based on Al's edit sometime this week.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Solomoriah wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:25 amI'll get a fresh R15 uploaded based on Al's edit sometime this week.
Like, now.

Announcing!

KH1 The Blackapple Brugh, Release 15 -- January 18, 2021
And now Al Vetter has weighed in, finding many more corrections. Chris Gonnerman took a fresh edit and layout pass at the results, and the result is this new print release candidate. Enjoy!

https://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html#kh1