KH1 The Blackapple Brugh

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: The Blackapple Brugh

Post by Solomoriah »

Formatting the treatment rooms, and noticed there's no description for Patient # 3's room. Also, I noticed some (but not all) of the checkboxes are formatted in Arial Black. Checkboxes print fine in Century Gothic; it'll look weird part one, part the other. I'm going to fix some and leave the rest for later, as I'm really doing big picture items in this pass.

Formatting is pretty good, actually. Layout isn't that hard, much is done already. Thanks!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Encounter 6 in Blackapple, Patrolling Clerics of St. Ludann, needs stats. Just have hit points. Not fixing in this pass.
Bumblepig

Post by Bumblepig »

Solomoriah wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:12 pm Hmm. Can I get a pronunciation guide for "brugh?"
"Broo" . It's an old Scottish word, so if you wanna be fancy you can roll the "r".
Bumblepig

Post by Bumblepig »

Solomoriah wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:06 pm Bumble, FYI, I'm doing an edit and layout pass. I'll upload a new R12 when I'm done. Please hold off making changes until then, and download the new R12 to continue.

Yes, you're in the official publication queue now.
Most excellent!
I will hold off on doing anything until your r12.
Thanks.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Note to the mapper(s): The floorplans and the outdoor map are too small. I've scaled them up, but if you have originals in higher resolution, please send them on. All art must be 300 DPI, and will be inserted at the calculated size. For example, Dr. Livinius' building is about 3.25" wide, which is the size of a single-column image, really too small for a map.

Also, some of the public domain art is small. One piece, the one with the four people where one appears to be wearing a funnel as a hat, is really, really small. I'm trying to work around it.
Bumblepig

Post by Bumblepig »

Solomoriah wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:19 pm Note to the mapper(s): The floorplans and the outdoor map are too small. I've scaled them up, but if you have originals in higher resolution, please send them on. All art must be 300 DPI, and will be inserted at the calculated size. For example, Dr. Livinius' building is about 3.25" wide, which is the size of a single-column image, really too small for a map.
Let me know if the attached maps work for the Blackapple Environs and Livinius Floorplan.
Is the village map OK? I hand-drew that one and just scanned the paper.
The dungeon ones were by peelseel2, but I imagine those are OK.
Attachments
Map 2 Sanitarium Upper.png
Map 2 Sanitarium Upper.png (266.79 KiB) Viewed 3450 times
Map 2 Sanitarium Ground.png
Map 2 Sanitarium Ground.png (265.03 KiB) Viewed 3450 times
Map 1 Blackapple Environs.png
Map 1 Blackapple Environs.png (259.55 KiB) Viewed 3450 times
Bumblepig

Post by Bumblepig »

Solomoriah wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:19 pm
Also, some of the public domain art is small. One piece, the one with the four people where one appears to be wearing a funnel as a hat, is really, really small. I'm trying to work around it.
None of the public domain art is essential, except for the illustration of the Brugh hill, which I really would like to keep if possible. The original file was tiny. If it doesn't work maybe I can figure out a workaround to increase the DPI.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Scaling images up is tricky; you'll get artifacts and fuzz, and the more you scale up, the worse it is. That one image is really small.

The Brugh hill image is the first one, right? The second with the door is a ruin, if I get it right. I actually dropped both from where they appeared because the flow was significantly better without them, but I may be able to get the hill back in. It's not too bad scaled up.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Okay, actually, I only dropped the second appearance of that image. The title page image remains. Is that okay, or do I need to hammer the flow some more?
Bumblepig

Post by Bumblepig »

Solomoriah wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:45 pm Okay, actually, I only dropped the second appearance of that image. The title page image remains. Is that okay, or do I need to hammer the flow some more?
No the title page image is all I cared about.
Thanks.