Core Rules Italian Translation

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Core Rules Italian Translation

Post by Solomoriah »

I've been repeatedly revising and resubmitting the Italian translation on Amazon for about a week now, and I'm on my third go-around with their email support team. I don't get a message when they decline the book, even though they say they'll send one, so I'm having to post direct messages to get answers. The last two answers complained about the book title not matching between the cover and the metadata; I've fixed it twice, and it still rejects, so I've pointed that out to them and am waiting for another answer.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

That's annoying and frustrating. Has their process/site changed a lot since Createspace was changed to Kindle Direct Publishing?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Completely. Not as much as Lulu's recent upgrade, but it's quite different.
Seven

Post by Seven »

Just curious. Is that one any different, like are you selling it on the Italian Amazon?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Seven, the way to find out if I'm selling it on Italian Amazon is to look there:

https://www.amazon.it/Basic-Fantasy-Rol ... B08QS6KNLS

So yeah, I am. Not sure what you mean by "different" though.
Seven

Post by Seven »

I wondered if you sell all the books on every Amazon sites.
I've only ever sold used books. I run into certification issues from time to time.
It's probably a different experience.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I don't just sell the books on Amazon... Amazon manufactures them. So it's no extra work to sell them everywhere.
Gazar

Post by Gazar »

Hello everyone!
I noticed few weeks ago the print release of the Italian version of the core rules and I immediately bought one copy from Amazon, great work! Very nice to finally have the rules in my own language (and metric system :D ).

I signed up and I am posting here because I would like to contribute! In particular, regarding proofreading, as I noticed quite a bit of typos and things that could be fixed.

scatolettarossa and I have already started correcting Release 75. Is there someone else working on it currently, in order to avoid double work and maybe coordinate? How should we proceed to then validate and update the current printed version?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Posting in this thread is the correct thing to do, actually.

Do your corrections to the document you downloaded, updating the language version at the end of the filename as you do so; when you have it how you want it, you'll need to send it to me. The easiest way by far is to use Dropbox, since that's how the rest of the production team works. I can give you access to a folder on Dropbox where you can upload your revised work.

Do NOT worry about flow issues (images in the wrong places, etc.), just leave them for me and I'll correct them myself. But please, DON'T remove images either! Just work around them and trust the process.
Gazar

Post by Gazar »

Great, thanks!

I will post here when we have completed the first full revision!

If there is an active team/member for the Italian translation feel free to contact me or scatolettarossa.