Heroic Mode (First Draft)

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Hablethorn

Heroic Mode (First Draft)

Post by Hablethorn »

Greetings BFRPG Community,

I've been working on a supplement for my BFRPG gaming group. I wasn't able to find anything while searching the forums and downloads so I made my own. I got to thinking that other people might be interested in leveraging this document at their tables. If anyone is aware of something like this that has already created, please point me in the right direction.

Currently it is just a shared google doc, but if it turns out to be something others would be interested in I'll create a proper version using the templates.

I'm open to any and all feedback.

- Heroic Mode (Google Doc)

Thanks,
Hable
RedEarth

Re: Heroic Mode (First Draft)

Post by RedEarth »

Hi

I like a lot of what you have here, it’s an interesting mix of options. I was fumbling my way along a similar path, so it’s good to see someone else working away.

In terms of feedback, my first comment would be that the classes seems a little unbalanced. I think, like myself and many others, you became concerned with how weak the Magic User appears at first glance. The options you’ve added to the magic user make sense but may be overdoing it in comparison to the other classes. With the MU getting such a power up, why would you want to be a fighter?

I admit, I’ve basically done the same thing in my campaign before realizing. Now I’m wracking my brain for upgrades to the other classes.

Feedback aside. I am quite interested in your motivation for doing this. Why did you feel the need to for a “heroic mode” and who is your intended audience?