Basic Fantasy RPG – Finnish translation

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Basic Fantasy RPG – Finnish translation

Post Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:15 pm

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you don't understand.

I said:
Solomoriah wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:00 pmNo, harm always causes at least one point of damage.
You replied:
Seppo wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:41 pmHow does that jibe with "if the victim has fewer hit points remaining than the number rolled, he or she will take at least one point of damage"?
I don't know Finnish, but in English what you just said is EXACTLY THE SAME THING as what I just said.

"harm always causes at least one point of damage" says exactly the same thing as "if the victim has fewer hit points remaining than the number rolled, he or she will take at least one point of damage" in any case where it matters.

I cannot imagine how the two are different. Please state a concrete example where you see a difference in the above statements.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Seven

Re: Basic Fantasy RPG – Finnish translation

Post Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:08 am

Let me try.

If the victim is down to 1hp, there is no need to roll anything and this is the only case in which a victim will die. Otherwise, if the victim has between 2 and 4 hit points left and the number rolled is greater or equal, the victim will take 1 point of damage.