AA3 Adventure Anthology 3

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: AA3 Adventure Anthology 3

Post by Solomoriah »

Like a small slice of this:
Attachments
obpicf92ETr.jpeg
obpicf92ETr.jpeg (74.5 KiB) Viewed 3520 times
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Zoltors Inkwell wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:56 pm Here are a couple of thumbnails to establish the angle for Grimfalls. These are just to figure out the angle so let me know which side of the falls is best. Also the view is from the bottom of the falls. I can raise the viewpoint up but I'm trying to avoid drawing every building as this would take an good amount of time. I could raise it enough to capture some of the other buildings rooftops. The builds in the drawing are just to get an idea of placement and scaling needs to be done. I need to know the style of buildings as well. A link to a photo or a scene from a movie like Lord of the Rings would be helpful and will make this easier.aa3-1.pngaa3-2.png
The thumbnails are wonderful, I really like aa3-2.pg. The temple and parsonage are spot on. For a reference photo look at this page: https://lotr.fandom.com/wiki/Bree. I also like that you can see the burned out remains of the Dragon Drop Inn. This is how I envisioned it, you did a great job in bringing it to "life".

Another adventure in Grimfall might have Fader Vineknock ask the party to help "investigate" the owners of the Fist-n-Face. Three taverns and inns in town were burned out over a two year period as the Fist-n-Face was being built. Now the Fist-n-Face is the only place in town to get a meal. The law enforcement in town are tired of Fader Vineknock's "meddling" in enforcement research of the burned out buildings. I'll need to flesh it out a lot more to make it an adventure.
Zoltors Inkwell

Post by Zoltors Inkwell »

Thanks Alman. Here is another thumbnail to better define the path. Because of the viewpoint, the path disappears into the side of the cliff. I may need to raise the viewpoint so the path is more visible or place people on the path so that it is more apparent. I may need to change the style of the art for the rock used in the cliff completely so the path is more prominent. What do you think about each option? Let me know your thoughts. I will continue to work on the cliff and thank you for posting a link for the building designs. I'll begin work on them this week.
aa3-3.png
aa3-3.png (3.98 MiB) Viewed 3497 times
My personal art page.
https://www.facebook.com/MWByouk
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

I like this third version, the shadow line helps hint at the path. Having the path disappear into the cliff side adds to the realism of the image, at least to me. Thank you again!
Zoltors Inkwell

So I did a thumbnail with a different style for the rock formation on the cliff. More detail can still be added. Also I read where this adventure is to take place in the winter, so snow would be easier to represent on this style. I am working on Gremilkin, the priest, and the sister. Could you provide a description of the sister? Started work on the buildings.
aa3-4.png
aa3-4.png (2.77 MiB) Viewed 3466 times
My personal art page.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Ooh, I like that!
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Zoltors Inkwell wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:03 pm So I did a thumbnail with a different style for the rock formation on the cliff. More detail can still be added. Also I read where this adventure is to take place in the winter, so snow would be easier to represent on this style. I am working on Gremilkin, the priest, and the sister. Could you provide a description of the sister? Started work on the buildings.aa3-4.png
This one is good, but I still like aa3-3.

For the Gremilkin here is an image of a Siamese cat but think of it the size of a Lynx or Bobcat with a long tail, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siamese_c ... hybrid.jpg.

For the priest think of Santa Claus with a short beard or no beard. For the sister she wears a heavy veil, what isn't in this story and as part of another is that she was cursed for doing a very heretical deed. Just have it that she wears a heavy turban and veil covering her entire face. As part of her penance she was assigned to work with a priest that is almost a saint, his flaw is that he is curious and will look into legal matters instead of working on clerical duties. They are roughly based, and I mean roughly based on Father Dowling and Sister Steve from Father Dowling Mysteries TV series, with a touch of the legend of Santa and Krampus.
Zoltors Inkwell

AlMan wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:58 pm
Zoltors Inkwell wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:03 pm So I did a thumbnail with a different style for the rock formation on the cliff. More detail can still be added. Also I read where this adventure is to take place in the winter, so snow would be easier to represent on this style. I am working on Gremilkin, the priest, and the sister. Could you provide a description of the sister? Started work on the buildings.aa3-4.png
This one is good, but I still like aa3-3.

For the Gremilkin here is an image of a Siamese cat but think of it the size of a Lynx or Bobcat with a long tail, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siamese_c ... hybrid.jpg.

For the priest think of Santa Claus with a short beard or no beard. For the sister she wears a heavy veil, what isn't in this story and as part of another is that she was cursed for doing a very heretical deed. Just have it that she wears a heavy turban and veil covering her entire face. As part of her penance she was assigned to work with a priest that is almost a saint, his flaw is that he is curious and will look into legal matters instead of working on clerical duties. They are roughly based, and I mean roughly based on Father Dowling and Sister Steve from Father Dowling Mysteries TV series, with a touch of the legend of Santa and Krampus.
Ok aa3-3 it is.

Thanks for the link to the cat. It makes it so much easier.

I will start so rough sketches of the priest and sister over the weekend.

Should have some design sketches of the buildings tomorrow.
My personal art page.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Thanks! I appreciate each and every artist who contributes time and talent to our projects!
Seven

Post by Seven »

Page 52 llustration 1 – Game Master's map. Both both floors shown with 5' grid.