AA3 Adventure Anthology 3

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: AA3 Adventure Anthology 3

Post by Solomoriah »

I'm not up to 20.04 yet; I won't get it from updates until sometime next month. Then maybe I can help you. Sorry man.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I'm.... not asking for troubleshooting help with Ubuntu 20.04. I'd like someone to see if they get the same issue when trying to edit the AA3 ODT, no matter what version OS/LibreOffice they're running.

I noticed that it is putting in a page break, but it's putting it before the final map/image of the last adventure (to clarify, I'm putting the cursor below the last map, on the page before the OGL license).
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

chiisu81 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:16 pm I'm.... not asking for troubleshooting help with Ubuntu 20.04. I'd like someone to see if they get the same issue when trying to edit the AA3 ODT, no matter what version OS/LibreOffice they're running.

I noticed that it is putting in a page break, but it's putting it before the final map/image of the last adventure (to clarify, I'm putting the cursor below the last map, on the page before the OGL license).
I tried it using Win 10 and LibreOffice Version: 6.4.3.2 (x64) and got the same result. Odd enough I tried to put a line break (Enter on the keyboard) in the same spot and it went above the map on the same page. Then went to the front of the OGL page title and put a page break in and that put a page between the last map and the OGL page.

These are my results yours maybe different. :)
teaman

Post by teaman »

If there is a dragon in any of the adventures, DB Ellis posted a spectacular one here:

https://www.basicfantasy.org/forums/vie ... 579#p71579
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Dang, that's an amazing illustration. We'll def. keep it in mind while doing a rough layout revision/correction, as that image could certainly fill up a good amount of whitespace.

Note to my previous issue that Al commented on: it seems to be related to that last map. I was able to insert a page break after it, delete and re-insert the map on the first page, and then I could go in and put in a page break along with a new section name. But, it still wouldn't inherit the headers and footers of the previous adventure, so something's still acting up, and frankly I'm losing the energy and will to keep fighting LibreOffice over this layout. It's more frustrating considering I got all the previous adventures setup and put in the document with no hassles.
borgar

Post by borgar »

I've taken the map from Unbaronable Circumstances and given it a some decoration (drawn grid lines and added crosshatches).

I have put the XCF file in the \Projects\Maps\AA3\UnbaronableCircumstances folder.

Please let me know if there are tings I should adjust.
unbaronable_circumstances_cave.png
unbaronable_circumstances_cave.png (671.9 KiB) Viewed 3639 times
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Amazing map work as always 8-) Thank you!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Just a question... have we cut this off yet?

Because it's 160 pages. Time to cut it off, if we haven't, and start working on getting it to print-ready format. I see a lot of things to work on before we get there. Good stuff though.

(I'm doing a layout pass on R5 before uploading, but it may be tomorrow before I'm done.)
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I meant to check with you; I think this has fewer entries, but many are longer on average. If we're good on page-count, we can call it "entry-complete".
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Yes, let's freeze it. I'll post my updated R5 on the Downloads page when I'm done.