AA3 Adventure Anthology 3

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
AlMan

Re: AA3 Adventure Anthology 3

Post by AlMan »

Finally, I've posted R5 to the project folder.

Here are the list of corrections that I made in this release:

Page 1 – Added descriptions for Fire Mountain, The Mystery of Drakestein Island, and The Search of Grimfall.

Page 3 – Introduction – Paragraph 2
Style guide
Was:
“Wulric’s Tomb” eventually made it into the Adventure Anthology 2. If you would like to play these in order, Adventure Anthology 2 is available on the Basic Fantasy Downloads page.
Changed to:
“Wulric’s Tomb” eventually made it into the Basic Fantasy RPG Adventure Anthology 2. If you would like to play these in order, Basic Fantasy RPG Adventure Anthology 2 is available on the Basic Fantasy Downloads page.

Page 9 – 20. Entrance Chamber – Boxed text paragraph two.
If you are facing south to your right is west and to the left is east.
Was:
To your right, in the middle of the eastern wall of the cavern, you can see a small archway.
To your left, the entire western wall is riddled with small caves.
Changed to:
To your right, in the middle of the western wall of the cavern, you can see a small archway.
To your left, the entire eastern wall is riddled with small caves.

Page 9 – 20. Entrance Chamber – Boxed text paragraph three.
Was:
No one has noticed you yet.
Changed to:
No one has noticed you, yet.

Page 9 – 20. Entrance Chamber – Paragraph one.
Was:
… (the caves in the western wall) …

Changed to:
… (the caves in the eastern wall) …

Page 9 – 20. Entrance Chamber – Paragraph three.
Was:
… or the archway in the eastern wall …

Changed to:
… or the archway in the western wall …

Page 9 – 20. Entrance Chamber – Paragraph four.
Was:
If they approach the caves in the western wall they will be spotted, …
Changed to:
If they approach the caves in the eastern wall they will be spotted, …

Page 9 – Spotted – Paragraph one.
Was:
If at any point the PCs are spotted, alarm bells will be rung and dozens of lizard men will swarm out of the caves in the western wall and confront them.
Changed to:
If at any point the PCs are spotted, alarm bells will be rung and dozens of lizard men will swarm out of the caves in the eastern wall and confront them.

Page 10 – Spotted – Paragraph after Lizard Man Princes description.
Was:
… returning to the caves in the western wall.
Changed to:
… returning to the caves in the eastern wall.

Page 10 – 23. Lizard Man Village – Paragraph one.
Was:
… they will find that it consists of 120 very similar caves spread over the entire western wall of the cavern.
Changed to:
… they will find that it consists of 120 very similar caves spread over the entire eastern wall of the cavern.

Page 13 – Secret Entrance Maps
For Room 9 – Should the stone bridge mentioned in 9. Magma Chamber boxed text be indicated on the map?

Page 14 – Hidden Staircase Maps
For the stairs going from Room 12 to Room 13, the lines should indicate the stairs go up from Room 12 to Room 13 as described in 12. Staircase. The 18 at the bottom should be changed to 20.

Page 15 – Entrance Cave Map
Room 18 and 19 should actually be used on another map. 18 should be changed to 20. 21 is OK where it is at. 19 Should be changed to 22. 20 should be changed to 23. 22 should be changed to 24. This will match the rooms mentioned in the adventure.

Page 16 – Cavern of Sycorax Map
The rooms on the map are numbered 14 and 15 the actual room numbers in the adventure are 18. The Cavern of Sycorax and 19. Cave of Bones.

Page 18 – Introduction – Paragraph 2
Style guide
Was:
“Wulric’s Tomb” eventually made it into the Adventure Anthology 2. If you would like to play these in order, Adventure Anthology 2 is available on the Basic Fantasy Downloads page.
Changed to:
“Wulric’s Tomb” eventually made it into the Basic Fantasy RPG Adventure Anthology 2. If you would like to play these in order, Basic Fantasy RPG Adventure Anthology 2 is available on the Basic Fantasy Downloads page.

Page 46 – Orcs and Goblins – Stat blocks
Added ‘ea.’ to the treasure description since treasures Q and R are Individual Treasures.

Page 46 – Tenticle Worm – Stat blocks
Removed ‘Treasure: B’ from stat since these are wandering monsters and not found in an actual lair.

Page 60 and Page 61 Added images of Grimfall and Key to village map.

Page 69 – 33. Chapel – Monster Stat Block
Was:
(see Field Guide 1 for other forms)
Changed to:
(see Basic Fantasy Field Guide Volume 1 for other forms)

Page 110 – Notes – Paragraph 1
Was:
(found in Adventure Anthology 1)
Changed to:
(found in Basic Fantasy RPG Adventure Anthology 1)

Page 111 – Along the Coast – Random Monster Table #4 Cougers
Missing Hit Point Block
Was:
HP 12 ☐☐☐☐ ☐☐☐☐☐ ☐☐
Changed to:
HP 12 ☐☐☐☐☐ ☐☐☐☐☐ ☐☐

Page 121 – Cipher – Paragraph 2
Was:
As always, the GM can decide if whether let the players decipher the message or just roll for it.
Changed to:
As always, the GM can decide to let the players decipher the message or just roll for it.

Page 126 – Final Exam – Boxed text
Tried removing several instances of 'he' that started to get confusing.
Was:
Some time ago, you probably noticed, a man was hung for thievery. He stole a petty pendant from a greedy and evil merchant who insisted that he was punished to the full extent of the law. All he wanted was to feed his family of five.
Changed to:
Some time ago, you probably noticed, a man was hung for thievery. The thief stole a petty pendant from a greedy and evil merchant who insisted that the thief was punished to the full extent of the law. All the thief wanted was to feed his family of five.

I didn't do Unbaronable Circumastances since Gilliadson had made changes in his original submission. I'll look that over once Chiisu adds the module back into the book, next for me is John Dutton's new submission.
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Here are a couple of suggestions that Chiisu may want to consider for Hall of Finley Manor:

Page 63 – 2. Receiving Hall – Paragraph 1
Currently:
Even with a bright torch someone wouldn't notice it; he or she would have to rely on feel alone.
Suggest:
Even with a bright torch someone wouldn't notice it; he or she would have to rely on touch alone.

Page 63 – 6. Lavatory – Paragraph 1
Currently:
If a party member is brave enough to put a hand in, he or she will find a Crystal Ball wrapped in a sogged canvas bag.
Suggest:
If a party member is brave enough to put a hand in, he or she will find a Crystal Ball wrapped in a soggy canvas bag.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I've been surprisingly busy, which is why things aren't moving out of Projects as fast as they should. Feel free to carry on proofing and I'll catch up when I can. Thanks!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Thank you Al 8-) I've downloaded this (and Temple of Healing) and will work on it to submit to first post. I won't delete them from Projects until that's complete.
jobend

Post by jobend »

Hi guys!

Let me update the Maps in Assassins conundrum so that we substitute the name Blackmoor before this goes into print.

Thanks
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

No worries, you have pleeeenty of time ;) Feel free to upload/post them in this thread when you're ready; I'll then put them in the next release.
jobend

Post by jobend »

So the shanty town of Blackmoor is now "The Dare" as attached.

Who will edit the text and replace with "the Dare"?
Attachments
The Dare.png
The Dare.png (376.75 KiB) Viewed 4461 times
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Thanks for the updated map! 8-) I'll edit the text for the next release.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Will be working on this soon. Just got in some PC parts I've been waiting awhile on, gotta swap em out and test.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

*sigh* got my system back up and running (Pentium 2c/2t > i7 4c/8t :twisted: ), downloaded everything to work on. Got a new page style created so I could put in John's Temple of Healing adventure. But when I go to Insert > Manual Break and choose Page Break w/ the newly-created page style, it doesn't actually put in a page break. :evil:

This is in LibreOffice in Ubuntu 20.04.